Chapter 87: I Need You

Start from the beginning

I wish it had been my name instead of his.

"Derek?" I managed to choke out as I caught his hand. "Please stop leaving..." I whispered.

I sucked in a sob and didn't care. I didn't care right now if he thought I was weak. I was tired of being the strong stubborn one.

I missed him, desperately.

He turned and looked at me.

He was going to leave wasn't he?

I gripped the blankets and felt tears falling down my cheeks.

"Just stay!... I'm sorry! I- the kiss meant nothing! He isn't you.... whatever I said, I didn't mean it it! I.... I still love you!" I sobbed, letting go of his hand.

I covered my eyes with my hand and sobbed, not wanting to see him walk away.  I gasped for breath as my body shook with sobs.

I felt a weight on the bed and my hair brushed behind my ear.

I looked up at him.

This was it.

The moment he says goodbye.

That too much has happened. That we're broken beyond repair and he's tired of having problems in this marriage.

I looked away from his eyes that were staring into mine.

I sucked in a sob and felt his lips gently kiss mine.

Was it a goodbye kiss?

I felt him kiss again, this time a bit stronger. He pulled away too soon and I looked at him as he rested his forehead on mine. The sensation of his lips on mine fading. 

I slowly kissed him, my hand brushing his cheek. I slowly pulled away.

I didn't want to pull away. I wanted to kiss him again and again. I wanted him close to me.

"Why are we fighting?" I whispered. I didn't have an answer.

We have just been throwing punches at each other. We were suppose to be a team not fighting each other but fighting together.

I looked down and shrugged.

He lifted my chin with his thumb.

I stared at him. "Are you falling for Braeden? Was it ever more then training?" I whispered, my hands playing with the bottom hem of his shirt.

He shook his head. "The kiss meant absolutely nothing?" He whispered, cupping my face.

I nodded. "I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry for everything I said. I pushed you away," he said.

He brushed his thumb on my cheek and brushed his lips against mine. "Can we stop fighting?" He asked, his voice hoarse with emotions.

I quickly cupped his face and kissed him before he could pull away. He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer. I wrapped my hands in his hair and leaned closer to him. He pulled me onto his lap and he cupped my face.

I slowly pulled away for a breath.

Everything that separated us falling away. It didn't matter anymore. We didn't want anymore time wasted being angry at each other.

He brushed my hair behind my ear and stared at me, gently running his hand up and down my arm slowly.

I looked up at him and he sighed.

I intertwined our fingers and kissed his hand.

"I thought I lost you," he whispered, pulling me closer, as I kissed his shoulder. "I'm sorry."