LL Cool J-Hey Lover Pt. 1

LL Cool J as Raymond
Gabrielle Union as Eva

"Eva you should definitely go out with us to tonight

"Eva you should definitely go out with us to tonight. All you do is work!" her sister Bethany dragged on. "You might even snatch you up a man too.." her other sister Kareenah chimed in.

"Why do yall insist on invading my love life? I'm fine being single! I don't-"

"NEED A MAN!" Kareenah, Jacqui, and Bethany chimed in.

Eva rolled her eyes at her sisters mocking her. "Seriously Eva, you've spend your entire life taking care of us, now its time to take care of you! No overtime at work, no spending your time at our houses- as much as we love you-, and no closing yourself off..." Bethany exclaimed.

"Not every man is like Lucious." Jacqui stated.

"Don't mention that trash ever again." Eva grumbled.

"Get dressed up! You're coming out tonight. 8PM at our favorite spot! Don't be late or we will come and drag you out your apartment ourselves."

____________________

Eva took a deep breath before walking inside The White Horse.

"You made it! We thought we were going to have to come drag you!" Jacqui joked.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. I'm here. So are we going to have some fun or what?" Eva exclaimed.

The sisters and their boyfriends and husbands all took a round of tequila shots to get the party started.

The place was live. Everybody was dancing and vibing. Eva went to head to the restroom when she spotted someone familiar surrounded by two angry women.

"You should be mad at me not each other.."

She couldn't believe who she was seeing. Her best friend from college Raymond Adams. That boy never changed.

She watched as the scene unfolded.

"I've been dating both of you, and you know as I stated from the beginning we didn't have a commitment."

She watched as the women simmered down.

"I couldn't choose between the both of you." He sent that signature smirk both their ways.

Eva watched in disbelief as both girls interlocked hands and walked off.

"Well, well, well if it isn't the infamous Raymond. Still playing I see.."

Raymond whipped his head around and caught eyes of his first love Eva. She didn't know that he was in love with her though. He never said anything.

"Eveline is that you? How you been girl? Time has done nothing but bless you..." He grasped her hand and twirled her in a circle.

She chuckled at his nickname for her. He always called her a mean ass because of how quick witted her comebacks were for asshats who tried to play her. She always left them with their tails tucked between their legs.

"I've been great. Can't complain. I thought you had moved to Florida
When did you decide to come back to Cali?"

"Just moved back a couple months ago. It's so good to see you! I missed my best friend."

She rolled her eyes again. "Not enough to keep contact. I see you got ya hands tied though with the ladies."

"You know it's nothing like that." He sent her that signature smirk where he licked his lips. "Cute. You know that never worked on me."

He let out a laugh. "You still with that Lucious loser? I never liked that motherfucker..."

"Nah, he and I wanted two different things. Last I heard he was married."

"His loss.." he shrugged.

'My gain.' He thought.

"I know you didn't just get all dolled up to stand around...come dance with me like old times."

"I really shouldn't..." she stammered.

"Girl stop playing and come throw it back like you know how....loosen up!"

He grasped Eva's hand and took her to the bar first. "A triple shot of tequila for me and the lady..."

"This is not college! I don't even drink like that no more..."

"You about to tonight! Eva and Ray back together again."

She let out a laugh and took the shot down like a pro.

He watched entranced. "Now if I remember correctly yo ass can't throw back shots" ...she back peddled to the dance floor watching him intensely.

He kept eye contact as he downed the shots without blinking, licking his lips. He followed her to the dance floor as Doin' It by LL Cool J came on.

Her sisters watched the whole thing transpire and smirked. "Look at our Eva growing up! I knew she'd enjoy getting out...." Bethany smiled.

"Looks like she isn't alone either. That looks a whole lot like Ray. I never understood why they didn't get together. They vibed with each other so well..." Jacqui and Kareenah murmured in agreement.

The music changed to something slow and Ray wrapped his arms around Eva's body and buried his nose in her neck as they swayed side to side.

Eva felt this weird feeling tingling in her stomach. His breath tickled her neck, cologne invaded her senses, and she felt the way he held her. No words were exchanged.

"Tell me what's on ya mind..." he whispered.

This was feeling all too real. "Ugh...I...um..." she stumbled over her words. Heat filled her cheeks.

"Its aight...you don't have to say nothing. Just know I feel it too. I'm not playing with you either." His lips kissed her neck making her jump.

Her heart was beating out her chest. She never felt this way before and couldn't understand why this was feeling different.

Maybe she knew deep down she felt this way about him since college, but guarded herself from his player antics.

He turned her around to face him and they were still swaying side to side.
His eyes caught hers and they just stared at each other.

Ray really wanted to kiss her right now, but he knew that would scare her off. Plus, he was just seen entertaining two others and that would be very disrespectful.

He licked his lips once more. "Eva, we are about to head out. You coming with us?" Jacqui shook her out his trance. "Its nice to see you again Ray.." Kareenah joined. "You too! We all have to link up again! I won't hold her up! Just let me talk to her for a second and she's all yours."

"I got something to tell you, but it ain't the right time right now." He says.

"Let me give you my number though. I'd love to take you out sometime. Catch up." He entered his number into her phone. He stared her over once more.

He grasped her hand and placed a soft kiss on it making her tingle in a different place this time. "Call me when you're ready." His hand slowly slid from hers and he back peddled before turning around.

"I think he likes you..and has for awhile..."Bethany whispered besides her and she jumped.

"I highly doubt it. I'm sure I'm another person on his hit list to bone."

"If that were the case, he'd have had your ass bent over his bed right now. You like him too. You just never admitted it to yourself. Think about it. I'll see you to your car."

Eva had a lot to think about. She admits she does feel a lot for Ray, but is afraid of getting herself hurt and embarrassed.