Skip Marley-Slow Down

Skip Marley as Himself

Gabriella Sarmiento Wilson (H.E.R) as Belizé Brichard

After clocking in for her shift, Belizé immediately got herself immersed in her side work. She had been a part time gas station attendant for Way Speed for almost four months now. It wasn't the greatest, but it was nice to have extra cash in her pocket on top of her full time job.

The way the world was setup, you have to have multiple jobs to survive. Where do we find time to live? "Damn who is he?" Belizé raised her eyebrows and subtly shifted her eyes in the direction of where the co-manager, Jewels, and her sidekick, Brielle, were looking.

A man about 5'9, light skinned with long locs tied neatly behind his back was approaching the employees only entry way.

"Good afternoon.." he spoke lowly. Damn he smelled good, but that's beside the point. "That's the new full time car wash attendant. His name is Skip..." Sidekick said while watching his back muscles contract as he bent down to clock in through the employee portal on the computer.

"What the hell kind of name is Skip? Nevermind that...I'm trying to see what he is about if you know what I mean.." Brielle did a little twerk with her tongue out while Jewels hyped her up.

" He doesn't talk much.." Belizé proceeded to block out their mindless conversation. All they were going to talk about was how fine he was and what they wanted to do him.

They talked in hushed tones as he walked by them eyeing him like a piece of meat. He paid no mind to them. He was used to women lusting over his looks, but there was more to him then that.

Belizé and him made heavy eye contact as he walked by her towards the front entrance, but neither of them said anything. "She definitely doesn't have a chance why she eyeballing what she clearly heard me claim..." What are we in high school still? Brielle spoke loud enough for her to hear but Belizé did not care to entertain her. She was all bark and no bite.

They had both been poking at her since she worked here, but she wasn't bothered by it. She was here to work and that's it. She could care less about those two.

---

A month had gone by since Skip had been at Way Speed and their interactions never changed. He said his greetings, clocked in, and got straight to work.

She always caught him staring at her though but he never said anything. She was finishing up the last of the dishes and she heard the back door open and the scent of his cologne filled the area. She felt his eyes burning into her back. "Sooo..are we just going to stare at each other t?" His voice alone sent a chill up her spine. He had a little island accent. It was the first time she heard him say something other then good afternoon.

She turned around and raised an eyebrow at him. A small smirk played on his lips. "Aright..so what if I was?". He asked while leaning up against the wall.

"I don't know what you're looking so hard for? Something on my face or something..." He admired her from head to toe. He bit down on his lip, eyeing her once more.

"No need to be so hostile. I just admire your beauty..." He spoke as he was walking into the office to clock out. "Boy please..." She scoffed and walked past the office.

"Over here taking about some...I JuSt AdMiRe YoUr BeAuTy..go use that line on thing one and two...."

He started to full belly laugh. "Aye, I like you. You're funny tinking I want those nasty lil' hot assed grown little girls when I clearly have my eyes set on you...anyways...I ain't going to hold you though. You have a good evening Belizé...You need me to stay back to make sure you close the store down safely and make it to your car?"