Maxwell-Til' The Cops Come Knockin' Pt. 1

Maxwell as Gerald Maxwell Riveria

Teyana Taylor as Lisa Stanfield

"Excuse me..." Lisa turned her head around and saw this man approaching her with a camera. "I was wondering if I could take a photo of you for my photography class..." Her eyebrow raised questioning his intentions. " I know, I know it sounds weird but I promise it's legit." He pulled out his portfolio showing her his work along with his school papers. "You got that right, why you wanna take a picture of me though...?"

Her eyes roamed him from head to toe taking in his afro-latina features. She stopped at his lips watching how the words were  flowing out his mouth. How can someone be captivating just by the way their lips move?

"So....What do you think? You gonna let me take a photo of you?" He asked again, eyes capturing hers,playful mischief dancing in them. She didn't hear a word he said. "Tell you what-"

"Maxwell..."

A smirk appeared on her face. "Yes, Maxwell...you see me around again..I'll let you photograph me..."

"The odds of that are slim to none...I don't even know your name..."

"It's Lisa.....may the odds be in your favor... until we meet again Maxwell.." He watched her walk down Frederick Douglas Boulevard. The way she said his name sent a shiver down his spine. "I'll definitely be seeing you again Ms.Lisa..." He whispered to himself. 'She will be my  muse' he thought to himself.

***

Maxwell had Lisa on his mind all the time. It's been weeks since he saw her. Everytime he tried to recreate her beautiful features on canvas, it never turned out just right.

He closed his eyes imagining her beautiful, athletically toned body. It's like God carved her himself with how perfect she is.

He bit down on his lip in frustration and  sat up, leaving the canvas unfinished. It was time for him to go to work anyways.

***

Between work, school, and trying to establish her career as a dancer, Lisa never had time for relaxation or enjoyment. Tonight was the night though.

She decided to hit up this little hole in the wall spot she used to frequent regularly before life started to happen.

As she entered the building, she took in all the surroundings. Red lights illuminated off people's skin. 'I see they did a little upgrading..' She thought to herself.

"Tonight is a special night. We have Brooklyn's very own Maxwell performing..." Lisa's head turned quick towards the stage as everyone erupted into applause. 

She couldn't see the face of the man with the beautiful voice. It reminded her of the man she bumped into a couple weeks ago.

"Thank you all for coming, you know I wouldn't be up here if is wasn't for you all! I'll be performing a new song of mine."

A soft melodic beat started to play. "Lisa moved closer towards the stage finally catching eyes with Maxwell. Surprise filled his eyes as he connected eyes with his long lost muse.

" Didn't you dig the way I rubbed your back girl..."

His hands slid sensually down the mic as he held her gaze.

"Wasn't it cool when I first kissed your lips..."

Lisa could feel the energy radiating off of him. Such power and sex appeal had her throwed off.

Couples were two stepping about or swaying side to side. Maxwell detached the microphone and approached her.

The crowd parted and everyone watched enticed.

Maxwell grasped Lisa's hand and pressed his lips on her hand. It's like he was personally serenading her.

"Gonna take you in the room suga' and lock you up in love  for days.."

He pulled his back to his front and held her close and swayed side to side as he preformed.

"We gonna be rockin' baby, 'til the cops come knockin' "

The high notes he was hitting was touching her soul in a the right places. She'd never heard someone sing where it made you feel what they were singing about.

"Six on a Thursday night n' you be jonesin' baby, For a brother to hold you tight n' keep on goin', Last lover came n' went didn't even hug n' kiss n' caress you, Gimme a call it's cool the M's all open, I'm open wider than oceans, I'll be your lotion, if it's alright..."

The crowd erupted into cheers and standing ovations. He smiled and never took his eyes off Lisa while thanking everyone.

"Looks like we meet again Miss Lisa...the odds are definitely in my favor..."