Trevante Rhodes-Often

Trevante Rhodes as Tavis Reed

Vivian Green as Alonia Perez

Tavis sat on the weathered bench, his gaze fixated on her silhouette as she boarded the bus. The summer heat pressed down on him like a suffocating blanket, but it paled in comparison to the intensity of his desire for her. She was a vision, a goddess amidst the mundane chaos of the city streets.

Her bohemian skirt danced around her legs with every step, teasing him with glimpses of sun-kissed skin. The halter top she wore left little to the imagination, accentuating her curves in all the right places. Tavis couldn't tear his eyes away, captivated by the effortless allure she exuded.

But it wasn't just her appearance that drew him in. It was the way she moved, with a confidence and grace that left him breathless. And the scent that enveloped her, a tantalizing mix of brown sugar and chestnut, sending his senses into overdrive.

As she glanced back at him, her expression unreadable, Tavis felt a surge of frustration and longing coursing through him. Why did she have to be so damn intimidating? Why couldn't he just approach her like a normal person?

With a curse under his breath, Tavis made a split-second decision. As the bus came to a stop at the next intersection, he rose from the bench, his heart pounding in his chest. Screw it, he thought to himself. He had nothing to lose.

Closing the distance between them, Tavis cleared his throat, his voice rough with nerves. "Hey," he called out, his words barely audible over the din of the city. "I, uh, couldn't help but notice you. I'm Tavis."

She turned to face him, her eyes scanning him with a mixture of curiosity and suspicion. Tavis felt a flicker of doubt creeping into his mind, but he pushed it aside, determined to see this through.

"Hi, Tavis," she replied, her voice soft yet tinged with a hint of wariness. "I'm Alonia."

Alonia. The name echoed in Tavis's mind, sending shivers down his spine. It suited her, he thought, exotic and mysterious. He struggled to find the right words, his mind racing a mile a minute.