LL Cool J.-Hey Lover Pt. 2

Eva's sisters were throwing their annual BBQ. "I invited Ray..." Kareenah blurted out.

"Now why would you do that?" Eva scolded. She hadn't even attempted to ring his phone since seeing him at The White Horse

"You and I, and probably everyone but you knows you are in love with that man. The chemistry was always there. Don't let your pride in the way. You'll miss out on something amazing if you do..but anyways..."

An awkward silence ensued. "I'm going to go start making my famous spicy beans."

______________________________

It was now 2:00 and the cook out was in full bloom. Kareenah's husband was on the grill. Jacqui was talking to Bethany, and a few of their friends were scattered throughout the backyard dancing, eating, or just chit chatting.

"Hey Ray! Ain't seen you in awhile fam.."

Eva turned her head so fast and her breath caught as she saw him.

He caught her eyes and sent her a smile while chatting with her sisters' husbands.

"Mhm you see how he is looking at you. He wants more then a fling. Oh shoot here he comes..." Kareenah states.

"Hello Ms.Eva..."

"Hey Raymond.."

"I swear you're the only one that calls me that and gets away with it." He chuckles.

"Well that is your name..."

"You still make those good ass spicy beans like you used to in college? I haven't had them in years.."

"You know it! Come on I'll take you to get some!"

"So...you ain't call a brotha back..." he stated the obvious.

"I know. I'm sorry. Its just..."

"Let me show you I'm not that guy in college....girl you don't know how long I been feeling you...let me take you horseback riding....I know you love horses...."

"You? On a horse? I'd pay to see that...."

While Eva was making his plate he swung her around making her face him, cornered between the counter and him. "Say yes then...."

He was staring so deep in her eyes. She could smell the cologne surrounding her. "I uh....ohhhh...okay I'll go...just please...step back...." She ain't want him to, but he stepped back slowly, watching her.

"Its a date then...." He held her eyes once more while grabbing the plate she made him. He went to the beans first, licking his lips after the first bite.

"Y-yes....its a uh...date..." she twiddled her thumbs nervously.

___________________

Eva gracefully rode her horse through the horse trail; however, Ray was a different story.

"Oh shit...agh...what the fuuuuuck..." she heard behind her. She turned her head and saw him leaning back holding on to the reigns of the horse tight as hell.

She laughed out freely. They came towards the end of their horse ride and she hopped off.

"I can't feel my nuts. Why the hell would you like something like that girl?" He panted out.

" Horses are very misunderstood animals. I always wanted to be a horse trainer...then my parents died and I had to step up and become the woman of the house."

He watched her admirably. " You still could you know..." he said.

A comfortable silence ensued. "Ion't know about you, but a brotha is starving. Let's go grab a bite to eat."

She watched his lips move as he spoke. 'I got something he can eat alright.' She thought to herself.