Chapter Forty-six: She's Not One of Them

"One, Two, and ta ta ta then whoosh clap slide step and clap clap clap." Chants echoed through the gymnasium as the crew moves their bodies around in synchronization.

"Nice job! Let's have a break?"

In unison, they replied, "Let's grab a kitkat!"

Except for Seulgi, Lisa, Nayeon, and Yuna who shouted, "Let's grab a booty!" making everyone crack in laughter before proceeding on having their lunch. A few remained in the gym since they planned to bring their own lunch, so that they can have "the talk".

"Give me that!"

"No!"

"You already had your share!"

"It was the smallest one! You're so unfair!"

The group bickered as they try to get most of the chicken wings they ordered beforehand.

Stuffing her mouth with an avocado, Ryujin began speaking, "Should I tell you guys the thing?"

"What thing?" Lia questioned.

"Feel daero thing thing thing~" Yuna laughed at her own joke, slapping Nayeon's forearm as she feels like she's the most amusing person to ever exist. Meanwhile, her friends looked at her with a poker face halting her to a stop. "Gah, I was just promoting the new ITZY song."

"Anyways, sure, go ahead." Jennie cut off the younger's antics so they can go back to the real deal.

"Hyunjin wants Yeji out of the school."

Gasps flowed through the space like a mix of broken tapes, however, Yeji didn't get bothered by the statement judging by the look on her face.

"That's it?" She asked in a questioning voice. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah. That's what she said."

"No very harmful threats like "I'm going to kidnap one of her friends and beat them up until she completely and wholly be part of me" ?" Ryujin shook her head slowly, sure that no threats were stated.

"That's new."

Yeri raised one of her hands asking for permission to speak up after she gulps the food down her throat. "I think it's kind of sketchy." Joy nodded in agreement and supported the latter's suspicion. "Hyunjin never made an easy move. I mean not that having Yeji kicked out on the first half of school year was okay. From what I'm getting at is Hyunjin is always up to something big."

"Are you telling me that this is a test?"

"I'm sorry, but I don't get it." Chaeryeong asked as she moved closer to Joy. "Me too." Lisa added, patting Chaeryeong's head in assurance that she wasn't the only one.

"Hyunjin is making my head hurts. Big time." Dahyun exagerratedly threw one of her shoes at the bench behind her before sighing and stealing a chicken wing from Sana's plate earning herself a painful slap on her back.

"So what? What if it is a test?"

"She's trying to see if we do something about it, then she'd know that someone is definitely telling me or us what she's up to." Yeji explained logically, as she spreads her arms in emphasis on her argument.

"Then, what do we do?"

"Nothing."

"We do nothing?"

"Yes."

"Again?" Momo asked in clarification not believing what just came out of her girlfriend's sister's mouth.

"Yes."

"You're kidding, right?"

"No, I am not. Do not question me anymore. This is the best way believe me."