Chapter Twenty-five: Heejin

Jennie's POV

We've spent the whole weekend analyzing and investigating every information that we have. We tried breaking down every details of people we were with before everything happened. Unfortunately, the only thing that we can still confirm was there was really a spy in the group, or should I say spies. I can't believe Solar or Moonbyul would be involved with this. I mean I've known them for such a long time, same as to our other friends, we know each other's strengths and weaknesses, and those could be an advantage and disadvantage. As a matter of fact, the advantage is definitely on their side, for all we know they were lying the whole time. Today is Monday - what everyone is surely afraid of. The whole school's talk is Ryujin this, Ryujin that. Her famous ass brought us in the spotlight. Her so-called fans would corner us and ask us questions. It's been really tiring but I won't give up on this. Especially, when it's a life and death situation.

"Where are the others?" I asked as I noticed some were still not on our usual table.

"They are practicing." Lisa said as she eats her favorite potato fries. I reached out and gently wipe her mouth, putting it back on my lips. She smirked and leaned closer, "Is that you tryna get to me, Ms?"

I took a piece of fries and stuffed her mouth so she would shut up. "Let's get them." We stood up, said our excuse to the rest, and walked towards the gym, hand in hand. It's lunch time but by the looks of it they mustn't have noticed the hour. "Wait, are you telling me today is Heejin's first day in the club?" I asked. "And why aren't you with them?"

"Well, I kind of came up with the steps and I taught it to Seulgi and Yeji so they'll instruct it by themselves. It's not that bad. Atleast I can spent a few hours with you." She said sweetly, earning her a kiss from me. She's the sweetest but also the most annoying person ever, but i love her that much.

We entered the gym, surprisingly, not an evident mayhem in sight. I watched from afar as Lisa walks towards the team - today, she was supposed to be the leader since Ryujin can't make it due to her unhealthy shape. But my Lalisa has other plans because she's lazy as a monkey. If she was a song she'd be entitled The Lazy Song. I overheard them talking about having a break suggested by Lisa but she was told that they had it early so they'll have more time practicing. Oh I forgot to tell you. Next month, each clubs will have a recital. There will be scouters from huge companies so we will have to do our bests and hope that they'd give us a spot, not to mention this is specifically for the seniors, which includes Lisa. Soon, we'll graduate and leave the school and our friends, that's why I wanted to be able to make this situation alright. I'm a good unnie, i know.

"Hey, Jennie, right?" Heejin sat beside me while wiping the sweat that formed on her skin. I nodded and went back looking to the other members who were happily teasing Yeji while slightly giving small glances in our direction, making me chuckle as I understood their gestures.

"Your friends are weird, unnie."

"I think you're weird." I said nonchalantly and looked at her. Her face was flustered. She chuckled nervously and gripped her towel.

"What makes you say that?"

"Your eyes. I don't know. I just feel it when you're around. It feels like you're always unto something." I raised my eyebrows, slightly looking intimidating under the hood of her eyes.

"Are you accusing me of something?!" She shouted, her voice bouncing on the walls of the gym. I didn't flinched and just stared at her rather confused by her sudden outburst. The rest of the gang came up to us and looked between us two.

"That's not what I said, though, your reaction seems a little-" I shrugged, staring down at her smugly. "I dunno, you tell me."

She groaned, looking stupid as hell. Lisa grabbed my arms and pulled me out of the scene.

Hwang Yeji's POV

"What's happening?" I stepped in front of Heejin who looks like she's about to combust in fire and oil. She looked at me like a dead body awaken from her demise.

"Your friend just accused me of hurting Ryujin, which I'll never do. I love Ryujin. I'm in love with her." Her reply took me off guard. She's in love with Ryujin? Is this true? Love. She loves her. Is it true? What if Ryujin feels the same? I reached for my pockets and put my hands inside, as I felt something tugging my heart out of its place.

"I didn't even say her name, you idiot. All I said is you're weird." Jennie retorted and tried to pass through, Seulgi blocked her shaking her head to stop the smaller girl.

"Are you? In love with her?" I asked softly, not daring looking at her in the eyes.

Heejin scoffed. "Of course I am. What? Are you tryna accuse me too for something I never did? Like hurt her?"

The response took my head out of its place and I glared at her, uncrossing my palms. "You're sounding really suspicious right now." Seulgi said, her eyebrows furrowed, and she doesn't even know what's really going on. The conversation had me thinking that there's a possibility that Heejin could be involved and if she is, then she must be involved with Hyunjin. Hyunjin has a power to command and enslave people by giving them what they want which I never did and look where that brought me.

"You're saying that because you want Ryujin to yourself, don't you, Yeji?" She blurted with sarcasm. I closed my fist, breathing sharply under my fierce gaze I wish I could light her up and bring her to hell.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Oh, I know everything, Yeji. Everything. Also, now that I think about it. You're smart, Yeji. You must already know what she's capable of. " That's the last thing she said before she went out of the gym. My legs began feeling jelly and I sat on the bench, my hair covering my face. She's playing with Ryujin again. They're playing with her again. She's gonna get her heart broken again because of the same person. Fuck this.

"Ryujin is capable of what?" Mina asked. I almost forgot that they still don't know everything, but, if the enemy being around and them being unknowledgeable can put their lives in danger. Maybe it's time. I nodded my head since I know the others are looking at me and asking if they should tell.

"She wasn't talking about Ryujin." Momo answered, sighing, and then told them everything from the beginning.

—————

I'm like TT-TT

THANK YOU FOR READING, YOU GUYS! Stay safe always and forever whenever wherever you are. 💓