Chapter Twenty-one: Thursday (Part 1)

Jeongyeon's POV

"Do you know what confuses me the most? How come none of us seen her around the school?" I asked them as we rode the highway to pick up Jennie, Lisa, Ryujin and Yuna.

"Well, I don't really know what she looks like. I can help if you'd give me a picture." Lia replied as she searched the name on every social media she has while Yeji was trying to help her out. We looked over her shoulder and waited if we could see more evidences.

A few more minutes, we stopped in front of JenLisa's apartment. They greeted us on their way. We went back to our serious faces and continued investigating. I tried to search for her name in different ways, I also asked Yeji for her nickname but really there's nothing.

"There's nothing here. Her last post was 3 years ago." Lia said and dropped her phone on her lap.

"I'll ask the principal for her name. She must be good in disguising herself in the crowd." Nayeon suggested.

"She must have deleted the traces, so she can work silently and whoever she's teaming up with." Dahyun murmured and looked at us from the passenger seat.

"You guys are creeping me out." Jennie said cutting off our conversation.

"Should we tell her?" Lia asked and turned to Yeji asking for approval, so she nodded. She said that maybe the more of us knows, it would be easier to catch the enemy. So, they did tell Jennie and Lisa who held the same looks I had when I knew everything.

"This is such a small and cruel world. I'm in." Jennie said putting her hands in front asking us to do the same.

"I guess we're all in this together." Lisa replied making all of us sigh in relief. I hope this would work. We placed our hands on top of one another except for Momo who's driving. We made a chant as we did which brought big smiles on our faces. We arrived in front our house and immediately my two younger siblings went out of the door and ran towards the car, almost tripping on their way as they tried to get past one another. They reached the car and Yuna successfully entered first, screaming on top of her lungs because she's beaten the older one. Ryujin went inside and eyed me, drawing my attention to her.

"Where were you last night?" She asked directly at me as she handed me a lunch bag. I grabbed it and uttered a small thank you. Ryujin may have the coldest exterior but she's caring and loving on the inside.

"I slept over at Yeddeong's." I said teasing her, pointing out the nickname. Lia snorted giving me an I'm proud of you kind of look. I winked at her.

"Who were you with?" She asked pretending not to be that interested but I know she's dying to know every details from how we get there and how it went.

"Nayeon, Momo, Dahyun, Yeji, and Lia." I noticed that by the time Lia's name came out of my tongue, she flinched and her eyes flickered between the two who's leaning unto each other's heads. I nodded softly quite understanding the matter she's in. I looked at Yuna, our eyes connected and she has the same aura. We smiled at each other and pretended nothing happened.

"Excuse me, but should we tell them too? Y'know the more the merrier?" Lisa spoke breaking the silence inside the car. It seems like the radio noticed it too and became static.

"Tell us what?" Yuna asked and looked at us curiously, Ryujin doing the same. We all looked at them, eyes widened, stiffed posture, lumps on our throat, except for Lisa who seems to not gotten the signal. I slapped Lisa at the back of her and hissed, silently glaring at her while the two were looking at the opposite direction.

"Oh, uh! Hehe. We- were just uhm thinking of another sleepover? Next weekend maybe? Right? Guys?" She said slowly as she thought of something that would save us from revealing the secret. We accessed her signals and began nodding, exclaiming fake enthusiasm. The two youngest nodded seems not to notice anything. We closed our eyes, sighing, and went back to the awkward tension that surrounds the vehicle.