Chapter Eighteen: Monday

Hwang Yeji's POV

I'm not gonna lie and let me freely say it: weekend was a blast. I wasn't expecting it to be a great time for us to get to know each other more. Now, I know the reason why that gang has a stong magnetism towards one another. They spent years of their lives doing the same things with the same people and those took them to where they are now. It's one of the best stories I've heard so far. I wish all friendships would last.

I saw people gathered around the announcement board and I followed tracing the words with my eyes. It was written that there would be a concert on thursday at 4PM at the auditorium which is to be led by the Music Club - which is the singing club, basically. That means some of our friends would be busy this week. I escaped the scene and walked through the hallway alone as I happily jammed to the music. Tapping my shoes loudly on the tiles, my head bouncing up and down, as I try to follow the beat. I went to my locker and opened it, placing the notebooks and books that I wouldn't be needing this morning. I was about to close it when I noticed a paper near the opening which I assumed got stucked. I took it and observe it, it is folded into a small square. Curiously, I opened it not knowing what to expect. When I opened it, I became more confused since it looks like an alien or a language out of this world.

 When I opened it, I became more confused since it looks like an alien or a language out of this world

The note was filled with dots and dashes, the only bottom part was the only thing I understood. Is this an invitation? I thought to myself. I folded it and placed it in my purse. I proceeded walking to the first subject, sitting beside Ryujin, Wendy, and Yeri. They greeted me cheerfully and talked as if we've been friends since forever. I looked at Ryujin and I noticed that she wasn't wearing her usual "cool" outfit.

"What got you inspired?" I said as I point at her retro style skirt and a bling bling clip that's on her hair.

"Nothing. I just lost a bet with unnie." She shrugged as she neatly patted her clothes removing the invisble dust.

"What bet?"

"Well, it's kind of about you." She turned her seat facing me, palms on her cheeks. She tilted her head, "She said that if we shared the same bed, we would end up cuddling. I tried to turn the wheel the other way around, but Yuna came and showed our unnie the picture she took while we were the only one who were sleeping."

My mouth formed an "O" so big I quickly shut it back. I awkwardly chuckled and scratched the side of my head, remembering everything that happened yesterday morning when I woke up.

[FLASHBACK]

I woke up from my sweet slumber and tried to stretch, but I couldn't when I felt something stopping me from doing so. I looked down only to find Ryujin's head on my chest, one of my arms under her scooping her body in my direction. I gulped and looked around making sure no one saw us when I saw everyone under their blankets I diverted my attention to the person beside me. I took a few minutes and studied her features. From her cute eyebrows, long eyelashes, cute pointed nose, and small lips, I smiled as I take in everything as she sleeps in my arms. I know this would never happen again and I resisted the urge to caress her cheeks.

"They said you can take a picture or you could live in the moment." Ryujin said with her hoarse voice, which I found sexy. I got startled, making me push her slightly, removing myself from being tangled with her. "Right, sorry." I whispered and got up running to the bathroom.

[End of FLASHBACK]

"Turns out they were already awake before us, so they took the chance and pretended to be asleep when you moved." Wendy and Yeri attentively listened to our conversation as we wait for the class to start. The door opened revealing Yuna and Chaeryeong, who greeted us while holding grudge faces. I looked at them slightly giving them a short message through my gaze. They just chuckled not even bothering to explain anything. I huffed in annoyance. Ryujin turned away when the instructor walked in. Now, that she's not literally on my face I can finally breathe normally.

I began to wonder what was the note about. Thursday? Isn't that the concert event? Also, wouldn't it start at 4PM? And what are those unnecessary dots and dashes? I thought. Maybe I'll find out on Thursday. The bell rang and everyone rushed out of the room bumping the teacher by accident. Yuna, Chaeryeong, Ryujin, Wendy, Yeri, and I walked together once the room was clear, and just when I thought everything's going great, someone insignificant in my life grabbed Ryujin and hugged her tightly. I summoned all the forces I could before I lash out and strangle them. I smiled fakely while batting my eyelashes when she greeted me. "C'mon babe? I'll walk you to class."

Babe? Who the fuck? They're not even together. Shut up heart you don't have the right. It's your jealousy speaking. Whatever! I turned around planning on leaving as soon as I can. "Yeji baby!" It was Lia running to me. My body fired with excitement as I saw her joyfully running to me. "Yah! Hey cutie!" I hugged her tightly kissing the top of her head. I completely forgot the people I was with and dragged Lia with me towards our next class. Man, that was awkward.

"Will you explain the sudden pet name?" I asked her as we swayed our intertwined hands.

"It looks like you needed saving." She nudged me using her shoulder and chuckled.

"Indeed, I needed it." I sighed, there's no turning back now. "I think I might be catching feelings for her."

"I know." She smirked. I halted to a stop and looked at her bewildered. "Oh, please, you're not so subtle in hiding your heart from your sleeves."

I covered my face using my heads, heaving dramatically, "This is so fucked up. I used to hate the fact that she looks so perfect in everyway but in reality I really adored it."

"Woah, hold up! Take it easy. First, you told me that you like her. Now you're telling me you adore her?" She screamed at the hallway making me slap her mouth, my eyes swiftly moved side to side. "Are you fucking crazy? This is my love life we're talking about! Keep quiet!" I hissed at her. I removed my hands and crossed my arms at the back of my head.

"I'm sorry. Yeji, did you just admit that you're falling for her?" Lia looked at me with a cute smile while nodding vigorously. I stomped away running into one of the lockers that's opened which made me apologize to the owner. "You really gotta be careful. You already fell for one, don't fall for another." Lia said jokingly once she managed to picked up my pace. I continued walking beside her with a straight face. I tried to think of anything else rather than the image of the two together, but I couldn't. I felt a pang of pain spiked through my back and to my throat, it definitely is jealousy running in my veins.

You like her? Yes.
Are you jealous? I think I am.
You hate her? I hate the fact that I feel this way and she doesn't.
Do you already know where you stand? I'm still confused.

"Any advice?" I asked Lia before we entered the classroom and go back in our individual lives. She smiled at me and held both of my hands.

"If the name keeps you awake at night, hold on to it. Give it a chance. Explore it. Get to know the feeling. Once you're sure, grab it. Do it wisely, but in this situation I need to tell you to make it quick since it might be too late when you realized it." She dropped her hands and went inside the room. I stood by the door, head held high.

"Everything alright, Ms. Hwang?" The professor said. I nodded and quickly composed myself and walk inside the classroom.

————

👉🏻 Is it normal that when it's your first time writing a story, then you walked back into real life, out of nowhere you started narrating everything you do? 🤣

It's another day, don't waste it and do something that will make you feel motivated. Thank you for reading!!! 💝