Chapter Eight: The Air Conditioner on Auditorium

Shin Ryujin's POV

Today is friday, which means that the dance club is having an open audition to those who registered their names during the first day. I should be hyped, but to may dismay, I didn't get enough sleep last night for some reason that I don't even know. I sighed loudly, puffing out an air making my hair that's sticking on my face bounce upward. "What's making you look disoriented early in the morning?" Moonbyul unnie, one of our seniors varsity player, said chuckling. "Didn't get enough sleep." I rubbed my face, slapping it a few times, to wake myself up a little. I took a look around the auditorium and noticed that the participants are starting to fill up their forms on the front line, placing the stickers with their corresponding numbers and names on the left side of their chest. I saw one of the maintenance staff of the school and called his name, asking to adjust the temperature of the room to it's maximum since it's hot inside, making my face to heat up.

"Oh, what got you all blushing?" I didn't have to look around to know who the person who just talked. I replied nothing and took my hoodie off, revealing my sleeveless crop top matching my pants, and boots. "You're grumpy too." This time, I turned around, rolling my eyes. "I didn't get sleep last night. So, fuck off." Lia just laughed, sat beside me, and grabbed her phone.

I leaned on the chair, placing my feet above the chair in front of me, I closed my eyes. Guess what? I fell asleep. However, not quite some time, I was being shaken. "Ryujin-ssi, wakey wakey." Jeongyeon whispered to me. "I grabbed you a mocha frappe. Caffeine up!" She exclaimed while pointing her fist upwards, smiling widely at me. I couldn't help but smile back. "Thank you, unnie." I bowed. I stood up, stretched my back, walked towards our dance troupe. Lisa unnie, our senior, is discussing the rules, concept, and rubrics of the audition.

"Any questions?" Everyone shook their head. "Cap, got any recommendations?" I looked at them with sleepy eyes and shook my head, sipping on my drink. "Cool, let's go!" She said enthusiastically, clapping her hands. I'm literally the laziest captain to ever exist in the human world. I forcefully dragged myself to the series of chairs in front of the table, sitting in the middle, I put down the frappe since it's getting too cold on the palm of my hands. The lead members of the dance clubs will stand as the judges for today's event. The audition started and yet none really got my attention. My eyes are getting drowsy due to lack of sleep.

I stared at the stage when a familiar name was called.

"I'm Heejin and I'll be performing NCT 127's Cherry Bomb." Huh? I didn't know she can dance. Heejin winked at me before the music started. I stared at the person on stage, who's dancing gracefully. She danced right at the center aligned to me, staring right in to my eyes, provoking me to remember. I smirked at her, winking. I do can recall that night I spent with her the other day. I do remember that body pushed up against mine, her hands wandering around my figure like a lost person. I cleared off my thoughts and started writing my comments on the piece of paper given to us. Once she's done, she winked at me one last time, biting her lips. I clicked my tongue and brushed up my hair. Now, who's next?

The microphone created a static sound making everyone whimper in response. "Oops, sorry everyone, blame Chaeyoung for handling the sound system poorly." Chaeyoung put up a middle finger, sticking her tongue out directly at Seulgi. The audience erupted in fair laughter due to the girls' antics. "Anyways, our last participant...*screeeech*" She gasped. "Sorry again! I dropped the paper! Come up now on stage... Hwang.. Yeji? Hwang Yeji!"

The auditorium was filled with excitement. Loud cheers, whistles, encourages the person who's now on the center of the stage, laughing to herself, waving to everyone who's doing the same. I arched one of my eyebrows. She wasn't lying when she said that she signed up. The center of attraction and I never really talked about what happened in the auditorium, not that it's a big deal anyway. One thing I know for sure is she's really great in expressing herself to whatever song. She has an act of natural charisma.