Chapter Forty-five: Keep Your Enemies Closer

Start from the beginning

"You're a tough girl now, I see." She smirked walking closer to me. Her eyes traveled up and down my figure. "But, there's something I can sense. Are you in love?"

My throat felt dry as I tried to process the words that she spit out poisonously, "No."

"That's good." I lied. Yes, I am in love.

"I know you hate her."

"Who?"

"Yeji."

"How did you know?"

"It's all over school duh?"

"Oh, sorry I forgot you're enrolled here since you put up a great disguise. What are you hiding from?" I said nonchalantly as I seat under the apple tree, hiding from the striking sunlight.

"Nothing. Anyway, so you guys were like enemies right? Then suddenly, you guys are friends? How is that even possible?" I shut my eyes tightly as I try to regain the patience I summoned earlier. Hyunjin is definitely trying so hard right now and I feel like laughing but I can't do that.

"We were just pretending for the sake of our friends."

"You guys are doing a great job. But, since you hate her too, we are on the same side."

"How can I trust you? You betrayed me before, didn't you?" Now, it's my time to get my revenge.

"Past is past, Ryujin, and I have something better to tell you."

I listened to her twisted story of Yeji. Telling me all lies she could think of and sure as hell she looks dumb but she deserves it for taking away someone Yeji once loved. She told me that Yeji was a playgirl in their previous school, at least she said one thing right - Yeji and her went at the same school before they both enrolled "coincidentally" here at the same school. Hyunjin angrily told me about how Yeji was once a bully and she broke her heart because of her. She's a good actress though. I'd give her that compliment. And Yeji this, Yeji that. My mind was filled with all of her lies. Try harder again next time, Hyunjin.

"And one more,"

"And that is?"

"We're bringing her down, so she can leave the school or better yet get expelled."

What the fuck?

"Excuse me, what?!" I screamed in front of her face, my veins popped out in sudden anger. But the look on her face brought me down and made me realize my role. I cleared my throat. "Sorry. That was just sudden and I got shocked, but that was a very-" Licking my lips, I looked at her eyes with a fake smile. "great idea. So, how do we do it?"

"We're going to sabotage the showcase with her name planted on the evidences, then we can have her out of the school. I can have her without you ruining everything." She said whispering the last sentence.

"What was it?"

"Oh, nothing." I smiled cheekily at her and held out my hand. Right, I heard it clearly and you're not going to get away with it.

"We have a deal?"

"It's a deal. Free to join our squad whenever, your girlfriend is with us all the time too."

"Yeah, I noticed. How about you? You got yourself a girlfriend?" I asked as she pulled me up from our previous position, walking back to the campus. I looked slyly to my left and gave a thumbs up to the people watching from afar.

"No one, but I've had my eyes on someone for years now."

"Years? Why aren't you moving?" I said jokingly.

"Believe me, I am trying." Of course, you are.

"I can help." I said wriggling my eyebrows in a funny way. Is it weird that even though she's the villain in my story, I still kind of missed the times we spent together even if I didn't knew it was one sided? Don't get it the wrong way. Maybe putting myself at ease the same way I used to do before with her would make this easier.

Yeji was right when she told me to keep your enemies closer the day we walked under the moonlight and she asked me to be her friend.

"You already are."

———————

👉🏻 I'm planning on taking this story to an [AU] on twitter. But, it's going to be a tagalog version and no narrations. I'll be putting more funny scenarios and angst there i guess. So, if you have a twitter and maybe you'd want the tagalog version as well, then soon, I will drop my twitter handle here. 💓

Anygays,
Thank you for always reaching out to me whenever you can. It really means a lot when you guys and I connect through a story. I adore it. Y'all are my friends, and will always be. Love you, guys!! 🤪💘