All The Right Moves- Chapter 48

Start from the beginning

After speaking to her for several of minutes, I went and sat down as kickoff happened.

The game started off with excitement radiating from the entire crowd.

Everyone had come out tonight knowing that Drew would be hitting a huge goal in a Quarterback's history.

We were really a part of history in the making.

"This shit is really getting me worked up," Ethan stated jumping on his toes up and down.

"Dad, is Uncle Dew down der?" Clay asked.

The kid was growing up faster than we could blink.

"Yes buddy, Uncle Dew is right there," Ethan told his son pointing down to where Drew was on the field.

Drew had thrown the football to his teammate, making it a touchdown, causing everyone to roar.

He was just a few passing yards away.

Everyone was cheering and clapping around us.

The boys had all shouted and hollered, scaring the life out of Clay. It wasn't until the third quarter where Drew threw another two, only needing one more to reach his milestone.

Olivia came up to me then, "I think it's going to be soon. You want to head on down there?"

Nodding, I went and grabbed Drew's parents, Ethan, and Blake to take with us.

It was about halfway in the third quarter when we walked onto the sidelines of the field. It felt so incredibly surreal when as I walked on the turf.

I took in my surroundings and let myself take in the moment.

This was Drew's home, all he ever really knew. I smiled as I now shared this part of his life with him.

We reached just where the team was sitting and I was instantly greeted by some of the players.

They all smelled like shit of course, but that was my strong sense of smell kicking in.

I placed my hands on my belly as I felt the baby kick uncontrollably.

"That's daddy, baby." I said rubbing my stomach.

The baby kicked even harder, causing me to laugh whilst in semi pain.

This baby was no joke.

It was first down and the Ravens were at the 42nd yard line. Drew glanced at the sidelines and I waved.

I couldn't make out his expression but he looked at the sky before fixating his attention back on the field.

He called for the play and immediately, we were all on the edge.

The ball snapped, and Drew was looking for the open man. He threw the ball out to his teammate, and the entire crowd fell silent.

His teammate caught the ball in the end zone, causing everyone to erupt in cheers.

Almost immediately, the stadium shot up fireworks.

He did it.

Everyone was screaming in celebration, including me.

I was jumping like a schoolgirl so excited for my guy.

He really did it.

I was beyond moved.

His teammates were all jumping on him on the field, celebrating his milestone.

I looked at the sky and was in awe of the celebration taking place in front of me.