All The Right Moves- Chapter 47

Start from the beginning

"I'm at the hospital in the emergency room just as a precaution. The medics wanted to make sure that everything was okay since I'm pregnant. The OB-GYN is about to come in to check the baby but the baby has been kicking so much since the accident so I'm sure everything's alright," She stated trying to sound positive.

"I'm on my way. I love you, I'll see you soon." I told her racing over to the hospital.

My heart was beating a mile a minute the entire drive here.

Walking into the hospital I went over to the front desk and asked for her room number.

"She's in room 11, may I ask the relation to her? We only allow close family and up to two relative at the time." The nurse stated.

"I'm her husband," I told her as I looked at the TV screen that had been so conveniently on the local news.

Photos from the accident flashed on the screen as the nurse handed me a visitors badge.

The paparazzi had no problem getting ahold of these photos and plastering them all over the news.

It was sickening.

Her car was gone from the back.

My girl downplayed the accident so much.

I felt my jaw clench and my body tense up.

Walking through the halls, I was relieved when I had finally found her room.

Opening the door, I was greeted by Charlie sitting on the bed impatiently.

She sighed in relief when she saw me, "Drew." She stated reaching her hand out to me.

Walking over to her immediately, I wrapped her body tight and kissed her hard.

"You scared the hell out of me," I replied, hugging her tight against me.

"I didn't want you to freak out." She muttered clinging to my arms tightly.

"Let me see your face," I stated scanning to see if she had any scratches and she in fact did just on her forehead.

"Baby," I stated touching her forehead.

"Ouch," she replied flinching.

"That's the only visible wound though. My head just slammed against the steering wheel on impact and the airbag deployed against my chest. Talk about super uncomfortable. Hence why the medics wanted to check the baby," she spoke softly.

"How's your head? Does it hurt at all?" I asked holding her face in between my hands.

"I'm fine, I promise. Just hurts when you touch it." She stated.

This girl and her head injuries.

"It hasn't even been a year yet since your last accident. Do the Doctors know about what happened to you?" I asked.

She shook her head no, "I'll let them know now as a precaution. Could you just breathe for a second please."

Nodding, I pulled her head against my chest and kissed the top of her head.

"Come in," Charlie responded as we heard several knocks.

"Hi I'm Dr. Kaplan, the OB-GYN here at the hospital. Just want to check on the vitals on the baby," she stated pulling in a machine behind her.

"Looks like mom took a bad hit to the head, huh?" She asked coming to look at Charlie's forehead.

Charlie flinched as the Doctor examined her scratch, "Not too bad, though. This isn't too much of a cause of concern."