Jun - Better

Vampires were real.

Yes, the bloodsucking, nimble, mysterious creatures with extremely good genetics who lived forever. Most of them kept to themselves as the news of their existence had been fairly new, having the power to alter their appearance and look human.

But not Wen Junhui.

Instead of laying low and keeping his identity a secret, he had a hobby which involved annoying the crap out of you, which was working very well.

The two of you met in high school; you were the wallflower and he was the quiet boy sitting at the back of the class in the seat farthest away from the window. Something you couldn't quite explain had pulled you to him, and you found yourself starting a conversation, which you would normally never have done.

The unexpected friendship had lasted well after high school ended. He had mustered up the courage to tell you of his secret, which you vowed to keep, until society had eventually began accepting that there are, in fact, so much more than human beings.

You were sitting on your couch, the bright screen of your laptop illuminating your face as the word document you were working on was displayed.

"What are you writing about?" a voice suddenly said out of nowhere, startling you as your palms slammed on your laptop's keyboard.

You loved being Junhui's friend, but it was at times like this that you wished he would go pester someone else instead with his ability to teleport.

You huffed a tired sigh, pressing the backspace button to erase the keyboard smash that had appeared on your article draft. "I swear I'm going to go on cardiac arrest if you keep that up." You glared at him. "What do you want, Jun? You're not my favorite person today."

Junhui scoffed. "I'm not your favorite person on any day, Y/N. You say that every day but you're still here anyway." He winked, plopping himself down next to you.

You playfully rolled your eyes, pushing him and growing annoyed when he did not budge. "Go get a girlfriend so you can bother her instead of me." You then turned your full attention back to your unfinished article.

"Why can't I get a girlfriend and bother you?" he mumbled, lips unknowingly forming a pout as he pulled your hand away from your laptop to play with your fingers.

You chuckled, all annoyance melting away as your eyes took in his figure, looking much smaller than he actually was with the way he hunched his shoulders. Junhui looked more like a kitten than he did a vampire at that point. "What would your girlfriend think about that? Don't you think she'll be, I don't know, jealous?"

Your best friend shook his head. "She doesn't have to be."

You tilted your head, amused at the words he was saying. "What do--"

"Why would you be jealous of yourself, Y/N-ah?"

That was not what you would have ever expected to hear. You were almost positive your face looked dumb, but you couldn't care less as your mind tried and failed to process his words.

You were quite sure you had liked Wen Junhui from the moment you first laid eyes on him. He was different, seemed unapproachable, and anyone could tell from a single glance. But for some reason, he decided you were an exception.

"I like you," he awkwardly added, "if you, uh, didn't catch it." He was nervous at your lack of response, and if he had a beating heart he was positive it would be beating a hundred miles an hour.

You remained silent, avoiding his eyes. And then you heard him sigh.

"I understand if you don't return my feelings. You'd probably be better off with someone who's hu--"

Before he could finish his sentence, you finally snapped out of your thoughts and wrapped your arms around him, resting your cheek on his shoulder. Feeling him stiffen at the contact, you gingerly rubbed his back. "Don't say that. You said it yourself, Jun," you pulled away to look at his widened eyes, "I'm still here. I would've left a long time ago if I was better off with some human."

Junhui's grin was blinding as he brought you back into his arms, leaning back until he was lying on your couch with you on top of him. He placed a kiss on the top of your head, lingering for a bit. "Are you saying vampires are better than men?" he teased.

"No. I'm saying you're better than men." And you could feel his arms tighten a little around you.