S. Coups - Sweetheart

Dedicated to Maria_luisa_

Happy belated, dear!

-

"Jagiya!"

You quickly snatched your towel from the towel rack before making a beeline for the shower.

"Come to the dorm at 6 P.M!"

Coming out, you dried and did your hair into a bun. And then your blush-on came in contact with your cheeks, before your lip tint accentuated your perfect lips.

"I have a surprise for you!"

You slipped into the dress Seungcheol bought you on your birthday last year. It was a Forever 21 floral skater dress, one you very much loved. You could remember him saying, "Why not sleeveless?! Yah! All those perverts have been looking at you and Seokmin was nagging at me, his hyung, to take care of his little sister! And he never nags!" You chuckled.

"Love, your manly, muscular, sweet, handsome, crazy beagle, Choi Seungcheol."

Shaking your head and giggling, you walked out of your apartment, heading to Seventeen's dorm. As the last line of his text replayed over and over again in your head, you hummed to Pretty U's refrain. You'll never get bored of the song, especially the last part. "Does she love me? Does she love me not?"

Reaching the dorm in no time, since it was just down the road, you took out the spare key from behind the plant pot. "Aish, these kids. I told them they should put it in a place where people won't find easily." You opened the door with hope clearly glimmering in your eyes and your heart beating at an abnormal speed. You were expecting Seungcheol and the boys, at the very least your beloved Seokmin oppa, to be behind the door, ready with a cake and rainbow confetti.

But no.

It was empty. And dark. And quiet. Almost immediately, you felt cold and abandoned. Did Seungcheol text you to come and forget about it? Did the boys have a schedule you weren't aware of? They forgot, didn't they? Your boyfriend and brother forgot, didn't they? Your birthday. You were just about to flood the dorm with your tears when a figure with a birthday hat strapped on top of his head appeared, his face illuminated by the candles on top of the cake he was carrying.

Choi Seungcheol.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday Lee Y/N," he placed the cake on top of the table and kissed your forehead, "happy birthday to you."

Tears of happiness flowed onto your rosy cheeks. This was the first time you'd ever hear him sing, and you thought it was beautiful. You hugged him, burying your face into his sturdy chest. "Thank you," you whispered, sniffing.

"Shh," he comforted you, gently patting your back. When he sensed you trying to break the hug, he hugged you tighter. "Don't ask where the other boys are. It's just us tonight." He broke apart a little, creating just enough space for him to kiss you. He leaned in, his lips only millimeters away from yours, but then...

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY Y/N-AHHHHHH!!!" Confetti strings suddenly exploded on top of Seungcheol's and your head, causing you to giggle.

"AISH! I told you guys to go somewhere else tonight!" Seungcheol grumbled.

Seokmin stepped forward, wagging his fingers. "No, no, no," and then he paused, turning to Seungkwan. The other main vocalist eagerly nodded his head before the both of them started singing loudly, "SEULPEOHAJIMA, NO NO NO, HONJAGA ANYA, NO NO NO! EONJENA-NA-NA NAEGE, HANGSANG BICHI DWAE JUN GEUDAE!"

At the background, Soonyoung and Chan were dancing to the song, while Jun was smiling extremely widely at the mention of his name, though he was pretty sure that no one but him noticed.

It was crazy, and Seungcheol and you didn't have some alone time, but all in all, it was one of the best birthdays in your life.