The8 - Regret (Part 2)

They were perfect. The ideal couple. But I saw some things nobody else saw. I would stay at my locker to sulk about the whole situation but sometimes they would fight. Minghao would try to make her happy and she would just walk away and ignore him. The same thing was happening today.

I was feeling numb like usual. I stayed at my locker and heard the 'perfect' couple fighting again. Meili was yelling as Minghao tried calling her. Suddenly the sound of a slap echoed. I turned to see Minghao holding his face, looking down at the ground.

"You are pathetic Minghao. Putting your training before me?! We are over since you seem to love your work so much!" She turned to walk away and for the first time in weeks, I felt something.

Anger. I walked over to her and shoved her into a wall.

"Get off of me!" She was holding onto my shoulders as I pushed her harder into the wall.

"Who are you calling pathetic?! Don't get mad at him because he has goals in life while you don't even understand the concept of working hard and fighting for your dreams!" I let go of her and she ran away to her class. It was now just me and Minghao. My shoulders slumped and I went back to my locker.

"Y/N. Why?"

I huffed and shut my locker. "Save it. Just leave me alone." I turned but he grabbed my hand. He had a sad expression when I faced him. He studied my features. I had dark circles around my eyes, I lost weight, and my face was pale.

He pulled me into a hug. "What did I do to you?"

I tried pulling away and getting out of his grasp but he just held me. "Answer me Y/N. Am I the reason you have changed so much?"

I stopped fighting. It was much more than that. I had found someone, hoping to get over Minghao. It worked too. Until I saw him with another girl and told me it was a bet with his friends.

"No. Things built up to this. But you weren't around. You were so absorbed in her that you didn't have time for me. You truly seemed happy. And even though I still love you, I was happy that you were happy. I didn't want to ruin it." Tears had started running down my face as I hugged him.

"Y-Y/N. I don't care anymore." He took a breath and I pushed him away. He didn't care about me.

I could have been one of those persistent girls. The ones who try so hard to the point where they push who they like away. But, I'm not that girl. I guess me and my brother, Jin, are similar.

"Wait. I'm not gonna let you slip away though. I was horrible. I left you behind all for someone who didn't care about me, but the attention she got. I thought it would be better we stayed friends because honestly, it scared me to think that our great friendship would be ruined because we thought love was stronger. But now I realized that it's not about what would be ruined, but what would be built and gained from it. Please give me a second chance?" He cupped my cheeks in his and I smiled slightly.

It didn't even take me a second to make up my mind. "Yes. I forgive and accept you."

He held me in a death hug and moved a little, only to kiss me gently. I grabbed his hand and went to the roof with him. "We are so in trouble if a teacher finds out we skipped." He kissed my cheek as we watched the clouds and made cheesy jokes.

-

This  second part was written by  !!! Thank you so much I absolutely needed your help! Dis is also so kyeot tho thankchuuuuu