Seungkwan - Tangerine?

The year was 2016, two days before Christmas day.

You were on your way to work, excited for another day at the ballet studio where you will be sharing your passion with adorable little children. It was earlier than you would have normally gone, but you had volunteered to open and set up the studio today because the owner had a lot in her hands at the moment, what with her in-laws coming to visit.

As you walked, softly humming to yourself, you spotted a large crowd of what seemed to be reporters. You sighed, knowing you had to go down that road, otherwise you would have to go around the block which would have taken twice the time.

So you huffed, wrapping your coat tighter around your frame, and continued walking in the direction of the camera-holding individuals. You were this close to walking past them when you were abruptly stopped by a round, orange fruit in front of your face.

Looking up from the fruit, your eyes met with big, doe eyes looking back at you, a hint of nervousness swimming in the dark brown pools.

"T-tangerine?"

Your hands hesitantly accepted the Jeju delicacy, but apparently that wasn't all you were meant to receive. Underneath the tangerine in your palm was a small piece of paper with numbers hastily scribbled on it and the name 'Boo Seungkwan'.

Wide-eyed and flushed, your eyes searched the crowd of people before meeting his again. He gave you a smile and a tiny wave, confirming that it wasn't a mistake that you got that note, and the tips of his ears burned, quickly looking away to continue distributing the rest of the tangerines to the reporters.

You found yourself internally squealing, resuming your walk with one thing in mind: text the tangerine boy as soon as you got off work.

For the entire eight hours in the ballet studio, you taught as you normally would, but your colleagues and even students could see a slight change in your demeanor. You were smiling brighter and laughing a bit harder, barely able to contain your excitement for the day to end.

You were the first person out the door when 4 PM rolled in, walking with quick paces and reaching your house in record time. Taking a deep breath, a combination of the adrenaline from your power walk and the nervousness eating at you, you typed a short message and hit send, the reply coming in at a surprisingly short time.

You
Hi :)

Tangerine boy 🍊
Omo I thought you weren't
going to text me! How
was the tangerine?

You chuckled at his response, clearing your throat before typing up a reply.

You
I don't eat tangerines
often, but this one is
good ☺

Tangerine boy 🍊
I'm glad
I'm Seungkwan

You
So are you glad or
Seungkwan?

Seungkwan 🍊
I--I 🤯

You
Did you just stutter
through text 😱???

That was the start of a beautiful, tangerine-filled relationship between a ballet teacher and Seventeen's resident diva.