Wonwoo - Gone

Dedicated to @Beth_230

"I'll see you in an hour, okay?" Wonwoo smiled, caressing her face, still unable to believe that she was back after months of completely no contact.

She only smiled, nodding. "Go. You'll be late for soccer practice." It had been hard for her, too. The months they spent apart were rough. She needed support, needed him, but no.

She couldn't possibly tell. And so he wasn't there.

The boy was reluctant, never wanting her to leave his side ever again. Quickly, just before he completely let go of her cold hand, he pulled her into his warm embrace, kissing her forehead. "I've missed you, Y/N-ah."

She smiled again, cupping his face. She missed him, too. "You've got practice."

Wonwoo pouted. And then he nervously looked into her dark brown eyes that never failed to captivate him. "You won't leave me again, will you?"

Y/N hugged him. "I'll stay," she kissed his forehead, "here," touched his chest, where his heart was beating, "and here," she kissed his lips longingly, "always."

With hope in his eyes and a smile on his lips, slowly, he let go of her and ran off to the field, looking back a few times before finally completely looking away.

She instantly felt cold again. "I'm sorry, love," she whispered as tears welled up in her eyes.

"Miss?" Her chauffeur decided to come out of the car. He loved her like she was his own daughter. It was a pity she had to go.

The girl wiped her tears. "I'm ready," she turned to look at him, "Mr. Kwon, I'm ready."

The middle-aged man furrowed his brows, worry evident on his face. "Are you sure, miss? Mr. Jeon seems to love you a lot."

She smiled. He does, and I do, too.

Ignoring his questions, she asked, "Have you given him my letter?"

The chauffeur nodded. "I figured you would want him to read it later, so I slipped it in his schoolbag."

She nodded. Looking at the love of her life kicking the ball into the goal, she smiled a proud smile. That's my boy. "Let's go, Mr. Kwon."

The car slowly drove further and further away from the school. From her heart.

~

"Hyung! You heading home?"

Wonwoo gulped down some water before nodding at Mingyu. "My girlfriend came back."

Mingyu's eyes widened. "Y/N?! Woah! Good luck hyung! I'll be going first!"

Wonwoo smiled. He reached for his bag when a white envelope caught his eye. Looking around to make sure he was alone, he quickly opened it to find your handwritten letter that managed to break his heart.

"Wonwoo-ah, it's time for me to go. I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier, but I've had a weak heart. Since the start of senior year, its condition got worse, and the doctors failed to find a heart transplant for me. They told me it was too late. Today is my last day. I only wanted to see you once again before I go, just to make sure you're okay.

Wonwoo-ah, don't cry, okay? You're manly, manly men don't cry! And...

I'm not there to wipe your tears. So promise me you won't shed a single tear.

We've been together and apart. God gave me a chance to see you one last time, and I'm grateful for that. Eat well, study well, and don't forget me, hm?

I love you, Jeon Wonwoo.

Forever and always,

Y/N."

Jeon Wonwoo cried anyway. He screamed and screamed until his throat became sore. His heart felt like it was being ripped right out of his chest. His breathing became heavy as his vision blurred with tears.

I shouldn't have left her.

He sobbed harder. He had her back in his arms, safe and sound, only to let her slip away again, this time to the arms of death.

I love you.

Who would've thought someone who returned saying she'd stay, would leave yet again, this time to go, forever.