XXXIII

Kenzie Hope

There was a crowd of a hundred or so wolves, all awaiting their Alpha's directions. They stared at me with a mix of curiosity and respect. The pups' eyes were wide in anticipation, whether they knew it or not, they could feel my aura, which shocked them. Their mothers whispered in their ears to close their mouths and be respectful while the fathers tried to look stronger, more manlier. The eldest looked upon the stage with love, adoration for their new Queen. No a single person held animosity.

"Moon Rise," I started, my voice loud enough to echo through the room. If it was possible, the room got quieter, people stood up straighter.

Kaden continued our rehearsed speech for me, "Welcome. Now, as many of you know, us, your Alphas, also have a pack in America."

We paused, awaiting their reactions. Some looked fearful, some sad, but still no animosity. For that, I was grateful. When Kaden and I talked about approaching Moon Rise about the move, we worried for their anger. We considered moving the Winters pack to Russia, but Moon Rise did not have the space that Winters did. I knew it would be hard for Moon Rise to move, but it was the only option as Winters had the space.

When we didn't make a move to speak, a respectable warrior with a great aura spoke, "What will we do, Alphas?" He asked. Kaden cleared his throat before I told them, his cough telling the crowd that they wouldn't like it.

"I understand this ground in sacred, as it will remain sacred. This will remain as Royal ground," I started, earning more worried looks, "But it will not be lived upon. Alpha Winter's and I have decided that the best thing to do for our packs are to combine them."

Kaden began again, picking up where I left off, "America is where we are headed. The summers are longer, the winter isn't as cold. The forest is larger. Your wolves will be able to run to more wide off spaces."

I smiled at the crowd, trying to ease their fears. I knew this would be a hard adjustment, there was no doubt about it. These people had lived in their royal pack their entire lives, generations upon generations had live on these grounds.

"Will there be room?" The warrior spoke again, a still polite toughness to his tone.

This time I spoke, "As we speak we are rushing construction on a new pack house, all available wolves are working on it. It should be ready in a few months. After that, we have plans to build a second, just to make sure space. There are many vacant houses that will be free of rent until the pack houses are finished. Until then it will be slightly crowded, but not for long."

I hoped and prayed they would take that okay. The next bit of news, I was afraid, they would take more personal. What's more personal that making them up and move and leave their home behind? Making them move, leave their homes and all of their traditions.

"There is a another thing we would like to address," Kaden spoke, his voice booming through the large ball room. I looked down at the stands, the people holding their breath for the new news.

"The Winters pack is not old tradition. Both sides will need to make sacrifices when it comes to our traditions and customs."

Frantically, people began whispering. They were worried we would take their whole lives away. I raised my hand, silencing them. They stared at me in horror, wondering what I would take away.

"What are the traditions that mean the most to Moon Rise?" I asked, "One at a time please."

An elder woman spoke up first, "The ritual that passes on the crown. It will not be taken from us!" She yelled in a crackly voice as she punched her wrinkled hand into the air. The crowd agreed in yells before, again, being silenced by my hand.

Fate Will Have ItOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara