IV

Kenzie Hope

I blacked out which probably wasn't a pretty sight. I woke up on my stiff ugly couch with a pounding headache. I could see a bright light through my eyelids, but I didn't dare open them. I could feel the presence of other people in the room, but I couldn't make out who was who until they started talking. There were tingles erupting from the right side of my stomach and in two sections of my right arm. The sparks threatened to take over and I relaxed under them.

"What the hell happened?" I heard Brady yell, he was livid. The tingles on my stomach went away and I heard another voice speak.

"You will do well not to speak to your alpha that way," A voice full of honey and sandpaper spoke.

"I will speak to whoever the fuck I want, however the fuck I want when it concerns my sister, Alpha," My brother spoke and I silently pleaded him to stop. He could get himself killed if he continued. Hell, he could already be a dead man walking. I had never met the young alpha, but I heard he was just like his father, monotone and arrogant.

"Keep your tongue, boy, and go back to your room," Alpha Winters spoke grumpily. Then I felt the sparks on my stomach again.

"Move," Brady said, "I want a second with my sister."

"Fine," Alpha replied. The tingles all left and I wanted to cry, until I felt them grasp my hand.

"Sissy," Brady mumbled and I could hear the sadness in his voice. I mustered up all the energy I could to grunt in response.

"She's awake," The alpha spoke with an undertone of excitement.

"Sissy," Brady repeated, "What the hell is going on?"

"Don't stress her with questions like that," Alpha Winters snapped.

"Kenz, I need my big sister right about now."

Finally, I opened my eyes and instantly bright lights hit my pupils. I shut them just as quickly as I opened them.

"Get the lights," Brady demanded. Bad move, Brady. Although, I was grateful to see, through my eyelids, the lights go off. I opened my eyes to see Brady's teary ones. I took my tingle free hand and placed it on his cheek. Wiping a stay tear with my thumb, I smiled at him.

"I'm okay, Bubba," I spoke and was surprised to hear the roughness in my voice.

"Can you sit up," The other person in the room grumbled softly. I began to sit up on the edge of the couch. My head hurt and I remove my hand from Brady's cheek and touched it. Grunting, I closed my eyes. Alpha Winters took his hand from mine and replaced my hand on my head. Tingley feelings shot through my body instantly and I felt myself lean into his touch. My head began to feel a lot better.

"Are you okay?" Alpha asked

"Yeah, I'm okay," I replied with a soft smile. I finished sitting up and looked at the two boys in front of me. Both of them had concern written all over their features with their brows furrowed and lips twitched into a frown. I looked into both of their eyes and nodded at them individually. I stood up, using Brady's shoulder as a support and started walking toward the kitchen.

I wobbled a bit as I walked but besides that I was fine. Brady and Alpha Winters obviously didn't believe this as they stood on each side of me and watched my every step. Brady got me a glass of water once we got to the kitchen and I drank it needlingly. When I was finished, I looked at the concerned faces of the boys in front of me.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"6:50," Brady replied.

"Shit!" I said. "I've got to get ready." I rushed to my room and started changing into cleaning clothes.