VIII

Kenzie Hope

I had only been home for an hour when I heard loud banging on my door. I was on the familiar fabric of the couch and the blanket my mother had crocheted strewn over me. Brady trudged from the kitchen, where he was making us sandwiches, to the door. He looked in the peephole and his face went pale. He looked back at me with wide eyes and I looked at him with curiosity.

"Open the door!" I called to him and he did as I told him. Instantly, Beta Morgan came barging in with a stone cold look on his face.

"The alpha got stuck in a meeting," He started. "I am to pack your belongings and bring you both to the alpha manor." With that, he looked behind him and a group of probably five men came tumbling through the door with boxes.

"Hey wait!" Brady called, "I didn't invite you in!"

"Brady Hope! Get your ass over here," I yelled. If he didn't get his act together and get some respect, the men of power were going to kill the both of us. He trudged over to me, clearly upset. "Knock this shit off, you're going to get us in trouble. This is the alpha we're talking about."

He nodded his head slowly and I told him to go pack up his things. The human side of me was reluctant to go along with this, but my wolf side was chaotically ecstatic. Therefore I reasoned with it, saying that it would be good to get out of this cramped apartment and be with my mate. It was bound to happen sooner or later anyway.

I got up slowly, all this yelling giving me a headache, then walked to my room. There was no one in there yet, and I was grateful. I really didn't want anyone to pack up my room, I had valuables from my parents in here. A wolf came into my room with a pile of folded boxes and tape, after putting those down on my bed, he bowed to me.

"Luna," He mumbled.

"Kenzie, please," I corrected him as I grabbed a cardboard box.

"Luna, let me," He said, softly taking the box from my hands and taping it together. Once he was finished, I grabbed the box from his hand. That was before I realized that he didn't plan on giving the box back to me. He looked at me with wide, hurt eyes, making me feel bad. I gave the box back to him and mumbled a 'sorry'. He smiled, showing me that it was okay.

He started packing up my books and I grabbed a box. I taped it together before the wolf realized. He finished packing up a box of books just as I finished taping. He placed, what I assumed was, a very heavy box in the entry way and took my taped box. He took my box to the desk and began packing up the items inside of it.

By now I was slightly frustrated and began taping another box. He took a little longer packing the desk than the books and I began packing the items from under my bed. I first packed my mother's lay down jewelry box. It was white with her name written in gold cursive on the top. Next I packed my father's photo albums. There were about three of them and they were dusty and old. Between those items, the box was full. I pulled out my father's file storage box that had all of our important documents and his old alpha documents. Putting the file box on top of the boring cardboard box, I carried them both into the hall. Well, I tried.

The wolf took them from my hands before I could take two steps. He said something along the lines of, "Let me take that for you, Luna." Then he carried my most important items to the hall. I took a sharpie from my desk and wrote CAREFUL and an arrow pointing up in big letters on the box.

I taped another box together and started to put my clothes into it. I dumped my undergarments and socks into the box, filling it up about half way. I placed my pajamas in the other half and taped the top. I continued to pack up my clothes until I felt another presence in the room. My wolf pushed at the edge of my mind, begging to take control because of the intruder. My more rational side decided to just turn around and see who was there.