XXI

Kenzie Hope

Things were slightly tense between Kaden and I since the whole 'are you leaving or not' fiasco, but we were working on it. We both pretended like everything was fine and that was fine; for now, this was our normal. We still the same things together and I was getting use to this royalty lifestyle; but I hadn't forgotten about my Omega friends as I advocated for them at every chance I got.

I had also started to take over Kaden's mom's garden. After Kaden's dad passed, his mom had left on a vacation. She couldn't bear the weight of loosing her mate, so she left. It was devastating to watch Kaden say goodbye to his mom, but he knew that was what was best for her, and she promised to be back within the next few weeks. She gave me permission to take care of her flowers before she left.

Everyday at 10:30 to 1 I would go to the pathway and take care of the guys. It was hard at first, considering no one showed up after I announced it at breakfast, but after a few days it began to get easier. At first I pulled all the weeds out, which took a long time and I considered giving up then, but I couldn't give up after I had already announced it. After that, I planted new flowers, since the old ones were long gone. I had gotten the new flowers from the old florist shop that I worked at and it was nice to see my old co-workers.

Besides gardening, I trained from eight to ten with the first session warriors and then in hand to hand combat from two to four. If that didn't exhaust me, after training I would help the girls make dinner. I sat in on all meetings, even the pointless ones. I loved

All of the powers took time to counsel and talk to the pack, my day was Monday/ today. I was peacefully planting irises when a woman came and sat next to me. She didn't talk, she just sat there. I had heard stories that sometimes the pack just needs to be in the presence of the Luna, so I didn't say anything to her.

When one came around, she was still there, but it was time for me to go. I stood up and wiped the sweat away from my brow before dusting myself up. The girl continued to sit.

"The first session of hand to hand combat starts in an hour, would you like to join me in getting ready?" I asked her as I extended my hand. Her brown eyes twinkled in the sun as she nodded to me. I pulled her up and we began the trek to the Alpha Manor.

We got to the kitchen, she busied herself looking around while I pulled out snacks for us. I carefully peeled an orange and offered it to her, which she took. I began to peel one for myself before eating it. We ate the snacks in silence for a while, but when we finished she spoke.

"Luna?" She asked.

I smiled at her before replying, "Yes?"

"Is it true you were an Omega?" She questioned. I shifted uncomfortably at her question before answering it.

"Wow," She mumbled, "Does that mean you can help me?"

"I can do my best," I told her, "What's going on?"

"I found my mate, but he's in another pack. Since I'm an omega, I can't leave, but he's a Gamma so he can't leave either," She cried. I embraced the woman and tried to calm her down.

"I will handle it," I promised her.

"Thank you, Luna," She whispered into my shoulder.

I pulled her upstairs as I said, "C'mon, the Alpha should be upstairs now. We can have it figured out before dinner."

We entered the office and Kaden smiled at me. When he saw the women, he faced morphed into one of confusion. I gestured for the woman to take a seat in front of us as I sat down at my desk next to Kaden's. Since, I began taking on more Luna responsibilities, Kaden told me that the desk next to his was made for me as his Luna.