XVIII

Kenzie Hope

The next morning was uneventful. Kaden had woken up and left before I could even open my eyes, leaving a note saying that he had to go train and to make myself at home because it was my home. He put an emphasis on that last part.

I decided that I should probably train, too. I didn't want to get too much out of shape.

'We're training. Meet me in the kitchen in ten,' I mindlinked Brady. He replied with a groan but did it anyway.

With that in mind, I changed into a sports bra, loose t-shirt, yoga pants, and Nike running shoes that I assumed Kaden got for me. I pulled my long, cream-colored hair into a messy ponytail before walking downstairs.

Brady was already there when I reached the kitchen. I swiped an apple out of the wooden bowl in the center of the island counter and threw one at Brady. We munched on our apples for a while and when we were finished, I searched in the fridge for a water bottle. I found two of them and tossed one to Brady.

I had never been to the training grounds before. That being said, I walked in the vague direction that I thought they were and hoped for the best. It took me a while, but I eventually got there. I also reminded myself to ask Kaden to give me a map.

When I arrived, there were wolves both fighting in human and wolf form. I saw Kaden and his Beta, Shane Morgan, but I didn't want to interrupt them, so I pulled Brady into one of the empty chalk circles and began.

At first, we were just warming up. We did stretches, jumping jacks, high knees, and things like that. Brady sat there and complained the whole time and did crappy work, so I made him do twice as many.

Once our bodies were warm, I had us spar. It was just simple- nothing crazy, not even full-blown hits, just taps- but I started to feel eyes on us. Brady looked around nervously and after I taped his face, and he would have gotten hit, he paid more attention.

Brady got in the swing of things again as he starting getting more into it, jumping around and dodging more quick. He even landed a few taps on me, which I was pretty impressed by. We were doing really good until some douche bag had to interrupt us.

"There's no women on the field," He said as he pushed me out of the circle. I just looked at him with a 'what the fuck' face and I was about to tell him what was up but Brady beat me to it.

"Just fuck off, we're training here," He scoffed at the man.

"Brady, language," I scolded him as I walked back to the circle, brushing off the man. I got back into fighting stance and so did Brady before I got pushed again.

"Okay man, what's you deal?" I snapped, throwing my hands up.

"If big boy over here wants to fight, he can fight me like a man," He smirked as his eyes raked my body. I rolled my eyes, tired of idiots like this one.

"Really?" I asked him, "Does your ego really need you to fight just shifted wolves to make yourself feel better?"

He huffed out angrily at me before beginning to yell, "Hot shot little princess over here thinks she can train with the big boys!"

I scoffed at him again before overconfidence saying, "Big boys? Try again. This little princess could take you pups any day."

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. I definitely could not take a single one of these grown ass men who were probably full-time warriors.

"Wanna bet on that, Sugar?" He asked with a devil smirk and glint in his eye.

I smirked right back before saying, "Bring it, tough guy."