XIX

Kenzie Hope

I woke up in our room, still being cuddled by the teddy bear that is Kaden. We had fallen asleep on the couch while watching movies, but sometime in the night Kaden had carried me upstairs. Now, at about 8:30 in the morning, he was still snoozing away. I would love to stay here with him, but I had one problem; I had to pee.

I squirmed out of Kaden's grasp and to my fortune, he stayed asleep. I tiptoed over to the bathroom and quietly shut the door, really not wanting to wake him up. Once I got to the bathroom, I quickly did my business before washing my face and teeth. I pulled up my hair into a loose bun once I saw how much of a disaster it was.

The whole shebang probably took less that five minutes, but when I went outside of the room, a wave of nervousness hit me; although, it wasn't mine. Kaden's heart was beating irregularly fast and was pounding in his chest. I rushed out of the bathroom to stop him from leaving the room.

He had his pants half way up and he was shrugging them on as he hopped towards the door. His shirt was over his head, but his arms weren't in the sleeves. Those forest green eyes of his were black with specks of dirty moss in them. He was a distraught mess.

"Kaden, Kaden," I stopped him as I took his face in my hands, forcing him to look at me. His eyes faded into their usual spunky green as he wrapped his arms around me in a bone crushing hug. He lifted me up as I wrapped my legs around him.

"I thought you left me again," His voice cracked like a toddler not getting their juice box.

"Oh, baby," I consoled him as I ran my fingers through his hair soothingly. He leaned his head down to the crook of my neck and took a deep breath as he tried to calm himself. It took him a moment regain his composure, but when he did, he kissed the crook of my neck, where his mark would lay.

Shivers vibrated through my body as I felt myself loose a bit of control. He saw the effect he had on me and kissed me in the same place again. This time I couldn't stop the quiet noise that erupted from my throat. His chest vibrated as he laughed at me as I buried myself in the crook of his neck.

I thought he was done having his fun, but I was proved wrong as he grazed my skin with his teeth, taunting my wolf to come out and play. It took everything I had in me to stop Lexus from taking control and completing the mate bond. Kaden licked my neck with the tip of his tongue, earning another moan from me. He blew on the wet skin afterward, sending chills and goosebumps my way.

He brought his head out of my neck and grabbed my face, forcing me to go out of his. I looked at him, my face probably looking like a bright red tomato. He leaned forward and I thought he was going to kiss me. My heart beat at a deafening noise as he leaned forward. He got so close and I leaned forward to meet him. His lips made contact with my forehead and I couldn't help, but be a little disappointed.

"Breakfast will be served soon," He mumbled against my head. I nodded softly at his words before he spoke again, "You can shower in here, I'll use the guest room."

Kaden, with me still attached to him like a kola bear, walked to our bathroom. He placed me down on the counter and I reluctantly let him go. When he backed away from me, he smiled knowingly; he didn't want to let me go either. He grabbed his shampoo and things out of the shower before turning it on for me.

"I'll be back, Princess," He called to me as he left the room.

It didn't take me long to shower and get ready because I was eager to have breakfast with the rest of the pack. I felt like a kid on Christmas who had been deprived their whole lives. I blow dried my hair with my blow dryer that I found in one of the cabinets. In the same area, I found my makeup bag and quickly splashed some makeup on my face.