XXVI

Kenzie Hope

The travel to the Moon Rise pack was longer that I thought it would be. Flying was exhaustively long. The twelve hours seemed to crawl by. The plane was extremely nice and Kaden had made sure that we were more than comfortable.

For a few hours, Jordan had reviewed the pack history and things like that while I had a glass of wine. Kaden had forbidden beers so Jordan sipped on his whisky. Lily had slipped herself a Xanax and was asleep most of the time, but Dylan helped me with my hair and makeup once we got closer.

We landed with a cheer and after the plane was unloaded, we went to be picked up. The wind was a little chilly on my skin and slightly blew up the skirt that I had changed into, but the twelve o'clock sun shined brightly down on me. It was nearly 50°F outside, the perfect temperature for werewolves. Jordan instantly removed his coat and tucked his eyes behind a dark pair of sunglasses.

Jordan's mother was going to pick us up promptly at twelve, but when we arrived at the meeting location, she was nowhere to be found. Jordan called her a few times and after an hour she finally responded. It was another hour before she returned in what looked to be a tour bus and a trailing car.

She stepped out of the bus, removing her sunglasses and looked at her son with eyes that gleamed in the afternoon sun. Her long brown hair swayed with the wind as he trotted towards a smiling Jordan. Jordan kissed his mother on the cheek as she put him in a bone crushing hug.

"Look how big you've gotten," She gushed, making Jordan blush.

Jordan stepped back from his mother before saying, "Mom, you saw me a month ago." She giggled and waved him off before pointing out everything that had changed about him over the past month.

"Did you get a new tattoo?" She said as she noticed the fresh color on the inside of his wrist. He nodded, confirming her suspicions.

"And wha-" She started but stopped suddenly as she caught my eye. Her brown eyes began to water as we stood there in awkward silence. She raised her hand to her mouth in surprise as a few tears escaped her eyes.

"Hi," I whispered with a small, awkward wave. The tension was broke as she smiled and rushed to me. She wrapped her small arms around me in a tight hug.

"You look just like your dad," She told me once she took a step back. We locked eyes once again, both of us getting a little emotional.

"Mom, this is McKenna Hope. Kenzie, this is Lauren Deans, my mom," He introduced us.

"You can call me Kenzie," I told her with a smile, "This is Lily, Dylan and Carter." She waved me off, saying that she already knew the boys and shook Lily's hand. We, except three warriors who got in the trailing car, followed Lauren onto the bus, which was just as classy as Kaden's jet; it was lined with leather seats, granite counter tops and eight bunk beds. There was even a kitchen in it.

It would take about five hours to reach the pack so I made myself comfortable on the couch. Jordan sat on one side of me with Jake on the other and Lily next to him. Dylan and Carter instantly found themselves a bed and slept for the majority of the drive, Dylan only waking up to help Lily get me ready.

As the car began to move, Lauren gushed about how much of my dad she saw in me and how I acted just like my mother. She told stories about my dad from when he was little, bringing tears and smiles to both of our faces. She even told me about the day my dad brought my mom home; she told me how happy they both were.

Just over four hours later, Dylan had woken up and Lily was throwing me into the back of the bus to put my dress on. I stepped into the heavy royal blue material as it pooled at my feet. I tried to zip it up myself, but I couldn't so I went to put on my jewelry first.