XVII

Kenzie Hope

When we finally walked outside, there were wolves barring their teeth at each other, daring each other to make the first move. On the side closest to me stood the rouges, protecting their families, on the side towards the woods were Kaden's pack, taunting mine. They were taunting my family.

One of the rogue wolves caught our gaze and shifted. After he shrugged on some pants, he walked over to us, but not after sending a nasty look to Kaden and his pack.

"We lost five warriors," He said solemnly. Now, don't get me wrong, it was devastating that we lost any, but I was relieved that the number was so low. Usually, in a battle like this, I wouldn't be surprised if we lost half the troop.

A Winters pack wolf shifted as well and walked to Kaden, "We lost 20." Jordan smirked beside me, proud that his men defended themselves so well, and Kaden glared at Jordan for it.

"Take them back to the pack where we can have a proper burial," Kaden replied at the same time that one of the wolves lunged for Jordan. Jordan didn't hesitate to take him by his neck and snap it.

"Make that 21," Harrison said with shake of his head. Kaden glared at him before turning to Jordan.

"Thank you for taking care of my mate-" He paused.

"Jordan," Jordan filled. in.

Kaden continued, "Jordan."

"Take care of her," Jordan ordered with no room for discussion.

Kaden nodded for saying, "Of course. She's my mate." My wolf and I swooned at his words and I felt myself falling all over again.

I felt someone softly grasp my wrist and turning around, I saw it was Dylan. He smiled softly at me before pulling my in for a hug.

"I'll come visit you in a week's time," He whispered, "Will that be okay with your mate?" I nodded yes and hugged him tight. Kaden growled lightly but I ignored it, needing a hug from my friend.

"Please come, I'll meet you at the border. Tuesday?" I asked.

This time Dylan nodded and said, "We'll all be there." He let me go and I could see little tears forming in his hazel eyes.

"It'll be okay, Dylan. We'll see each other soon," I told him and pulled him in for another hug.

This was a quick one because after not too long, Harrison yelled, "My turn!" He tugged on my arm and wrapped me up. I squealed as he lifted me into the air.

"Our little princess is going away," He cried. I laughed at his high voice and when he put me down I pulled him into a real hug.

"I'm going to miss you too, Harrison. Come see me with Dylan?" I asked.

"Of course, Z," He mumbled on the top of my head. He kissed the top of my head and let me go. I, then, turned to Carter. I knew that he was uncomfortable with touching, so I didn't make a move to hug him, but I sent him a smile. He nodded back at me and that was it.

Jordan was last. He was probably my hardest goodbye. Not only had he taken Brady and I in, but he was family- my family. Besides Brady, he was everything I had. He was my blood.

"Goodbye Z," He sighed, pulling me towards him. I wrapped my arms around him, breathing in his fatherly peppermint scent.

"Will you come see me, too?" I asked.

"Anytime," He told me with a kiss on my forehead. "You name it, I'll be there." He let go of me and I wanted to cry. These people were my family.

"Are you ready?" Kaden asked, his voice strained. He was probably upset that I had hugged the guys, but they were my friends.