XX

Kenzie Hope

The morning passed by in a blur. After breakfast, I wanted to go train with Kaden and bring Brady along, but Kaden said no with a kiss on my forehead. I was going to argue with him, but he sent a look my way that shut me right up. So, I helped the Omegas clean up breakfast. When that was finished, I went for a walk and soon I found myself lounging around the couch, bored as hell.

It was now almost noon and I waited eagerly for Kaden to come inside for break time. I had missed him all day due to the mate bond.

When I finally smelt him, I ran towards the door, ready to meet him. With a laugh, he opened the door and I gave him my brightest smile. I lunged myself into his arms and he gathered me up with a kiss on my cheek.

Goddess, I love this man.

"Hi, sweetheart," He said as he put me back on the ground. There was a cough that came from behind Kaden and I turned to see probably twenty men waiting to walk in the door. My face turned to a tomato as I realized I embarrassed myself in front of them.

"Good Afternoon, Luna," The one directly behind Kaden spoke with a smile, "We haven't had the pleasure to meet yet, I'm Jake."

"Hi, Jake," I mumbled as I sunk myself back into Kaden's laughing chest.

As Kaden's chuckles slowed down he walked farther into the house as he said, "We have a warrior meeting. I'll see you soon?"

I was going to reply with a yes, but Jake interrupted me before I could, "Wait, the Luna isn't going to join us?"

I didn't mind sitting and listening to them, if anything I thought that I could have some good ideas. Plus, it was my job as Luna to be apart of these kinds of things. Looking at Kaden, I saw that he was conflicted, but after one reassuring smile from me, he made up his mind.

"I don't see why not," He told them before taking my hand and leading me to a conference room. Kaden guided me down the seat next to him before sitting down at the head of the left hand side of the table. The rest of the warriors filed in, one by one, and eventually Shane and Evan sat on Kaden's left side.

"Good afternoon, Warriors," Kaden spoke formally as he stood up, "Are there any concerns before we start?"

A man at the back of the table spoke. His hair was slimely and he was pretty creepy looking in all honesty. "The Omegas have been increasingly defiant."

I felt my heart rate speed up at the word Omegas, they were my people and I hoped they hadn't done anything bad to them. I suppose the warriors head my heart rate increase as they all looked at me expectantly. "What do you mean?" I asked.

"They aren't cooperating during inspection," He explained with an edge in his voice.

I couldn't stop myself before I uttered my next words, "Maybe that's because the warriors aren't letting them cooperate. In all fairness, it is an awful experience and the warriors don't make it any easier."

There were a few light growls throughout the room as I had offended the inspection guards and maybe even some of their friends. I got glares at me as I tried to make myself disappear.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean it that way, I meant-" I started.

Kaden cut me off by growling, "There is no need to explain yourself, Luna. You are the Luna and these mutts have no place questioning your authority."

"Excuse my comrades behavior, Luna," Jake began with a smile, "Maybe if you explain your ideas further, they'll understand where you're coming from."

Kaden's hand found its way to my own, giving it a gentle squeeze. I looked at him for confirmation and he smiled at me reassuringly.

"Some of the inspection warriors are too much. Omegas do a lot for this pack and, in turn, they are treating like garbage, is that fair? Is that righteous? Inspections are outrageous. Do you really think those of us, who do the most for the pack, are willing to betray it?"