XXV

Kenzie Hope

The next two days went by in a blur. It was like Kaden and I mated then all of a sudden I was on a plane on my way to Russia. I didn't understand how that worked; there wasn't even time to take a breath.

I woke up like to Kaden and just like everyday for the past few days, his back was turned away from me. Turning towards him I wrapped my arm around his torso, my fingers barely making it to his front side. He hummed into the pillow before turning around towards me.

His eyes were still closed as he wrapped his arms around me in a protective shield. His nose made its way into the crook of my neck. He breathed in my scent and as he did, I could feel his body relax into mine. I ran my fingers through his wild hair.

"You're leaving today," He stated blankly, his eyes coming up to meet mine. I nodded slowly, unable to find the correct response. He blinked, waiting for me to respond.

I snuggled deep into his chest before saying, "Just hold me for a while longer."

"I'll miss you," He sighed. I said the same in reply before snuggling into his warm chest.

He pulled me into him, squeezing me tight. I breathed in his woodsy scent before sighing deeply into his body. I was leaving today and I didn't know when I'd be held like this again.

Kaden was everything I had ever needed. He was my rock, my soul. It hurt even think about leaving him, but I knew I had to.

After another hour, Kaden and I got up and dressed. I dressed into a pair of sweatpants and a baggy tee-shirt, wanting to be comfortable on the plane. I would just get dressed when it got closer to our arrival. Kaden, on the other hand, dressed for style; his white muscle T-shirt showing off all the right things and his leather jacket wrapping skillfully around his back.

We were headed toward the Southern Siberian Rainforest, a place where my supposed grandfather controlled most of the land. It was just over a five hundred square miles, significantly smaller than Kaden's eight thousand. Although, it even though it was small, I seemed to find it large in my heart. As cheesy as it sounds, I hadn't even been there yet, but I was craving to be. There was something about saying the name and thinking about it that made me feel full.

The trip was going to be exhaustively long. Flying to the nearest airport alone was twelve hours. After that, we had a five-hour drive to the Moon Rise pack awaiting us. When the fourteen hour time difference is calculated in, we wouldn't arrive in Russia until 5:00 the next day.

We were going to take Kaden's private jet, a new jet that Kaden adored. It could seat up to thirteen people, but, between all the dresses that Lily insisted on taking and all the warriors that Kaden required, we could only fit five people. It was decided that Jordan, Dylan, and Carter would come with me along with Lily, whose mate was on an extended trip anyway. After that, Kaden had us take five of his best warriors- one of which being Jake, the warrior I met during the warrior meeting a while back.

It was supposed to be a week-long trip for everyone else. If I had to be there longer than a week, they would leave me and I would stay as long as I needed to. Although, I was really hoping that I could be in Kaden's arms within a day.

I still wasn't sure what I was going to do about the whole 'Kaden running one pack and me running another' thing. There was no way that it would work out, us being in separate places or splitting our time between two packs. If we separated for often long periods of time, our wolves would go crazy and if we left the pack for an often periods of time, we wouldn't be effective rulers. Needless to say, no one had any idea what was going to happen; I mean, there was even the possibility of me not coming home alive after I fought Maxwell.