Epilogue

Kenzie Winters

Soft fabric was laid upon my eyes. The soft early morning dew washed my feet as I was dragged into the forest. Cinnamon pine trees filled my scent as I couldn't smell much else. Tingles shot up through my right arm and down the middle of my back as I was being guided through the trees.

"Daddy, are we almost there?" Vladimira, not so subtly, whispered to her father.

Kaden's deep chuckled vibrated through the woods. "We're so close, Dimira," He told his daughter. Vladimira, or Dimira as she like it, huffed.

Yes, my baby had a slightly changed guy name. Kaden and I couldn't decide on a name so we had each pack member place a name in a bowl. To our luck, we picked Vladimira. We couldn't tell the doe eyed eight year old that we were not naming our baby that. So, Vladimira it was, Dimira for short.

"Daddy," She whined with a stop of her foot, "Will you pick me up?"

Kaden stopped moving and his touch left mine, probably to pick up our daughter.

"You can get on my back, Princess," Kaden said. I could feel him bend down beside me, letting Dimira jump onto his back. Immediately, Kaden was back at my side, checking my tummy before moving forward.

Yes, I was pregnant, again. You would think that after birthing my seven pound one ounce and nineteen inch baby that I would be done. But no. Kaden wanted to have another one right away. He ended up convincing me three years after. Now, I was pregnant with twins. Fucking bastard.

Dimira brought me out of my mad thoughts with her babbling voice, "We're here!"

At their sister's voice, the two demons inside of me started kicking. I held onto my stomach, slightly slapping it.

"Be nice to my babies," Kaden growled. He leaned down to my stomach, "Be nice to my mate." Kaden's face came back up to my face, placing a kiss on my cheek before removing the soft blindfold.

The sun was the first thing to hit my eyes, the bright light was blinding. I slowly blinked, trying to get use to the light. Once I did, I was astonished.

There was a castle. It stood there as if conjured from a child's storybook, the roof looked like it was designed by Disney. The white mullioned windows, revealed by the open wooden shutters, are spotless, cleaned to perfection.Every stone was even and square as if those who built it were set on perfection.

Kaden led us to the large heavy doors. I touched the honeyed stone that was warm to the touch. Inside was just as perfect. The glass chandeliers gleamed with light, begging to be noticed. The pictures on the wall were clean, free of dust. One specifically caught my eye.

"Are those my parents?" I asked, tears brimming my eyes. They were so happy. My mother was smiling up at my father, who was holding her so gently.

Kaden's arm wrapped around waist, resting on my growing tummy. "They are," He said with a sense of pride in his voice.

I turned towards him. "What is this place?" I asked skeptically into his eyes. "I didn't even know this was here.

He smiled at me, love overtaking his eyes. "The castle was always here, just rundown. After we finished building the second pack house, I secretly sent workers here to fix it up. I knew it would please the former Moon Rise wolves to know their Queen had a castle and, frankly, my Queen deserves a castle."

I swooned, tears brimming my eyes. Blame it on pregnancy hormones.

"Kaden!" I cried, throwing myself into his arms. He caught me, being extra careful with my belly. He kissed softly but shortly. I wanted to protest at the lack of love but soon people were flooding into the large hallway.

Fate Will Have Itजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें