He hasn't bothered to pick me up, only drag me across the carpeted floor and I'm thrust back into the bathroom. 

He pulls my hair and I scream before he slaps me to shut me up. "Try anything and I won't hesitate to put a bullet through your fucking head, Mia," he growls before letting me go. I still am too weak to hold myself up so I'm a puddle on the floor, drowning in fumes and the familiarity of this previous prison. 

Niall stops at the door and his hand hovers over the switch before finally flipping it down, darkness completely consuming everything around me as I hear the door shut and the latch lock. 

It's a mess in here and I feel shards of glass from the mirror cut into my skin but when I manage to shift just a bit, I can't seem to escape the tiny knives shredding me. 

I start to cry again, feeling totally powerless and scared out of my mind. 

Faces. 

I force familiar faces into my mind and try to see if they can calm me down. 

I see my brother. So full of light despite how lazy he is but his flaws are blurred and all I see is his bright smile and the even brighter future that lay ahead. 

Brendon. 

His jokes and his smile which always seem to rub off on me. His constant support and his advice and the love he's shown me all these years. 

Carly and Mads. My sister soul mates who I love more than anything. 

My mother. Brave and strong. Providing for my brother and I and teaching us how to become every bit of the person we are meant to be. 

Louis. Bright and cheerful. Ice cream, fries, pizza, sunshine, rainbows, and everything else perfect in this world. This is how I'll choose to remember him. 

Harry, an unlikely friend and aly, too smart for his own good who has given me a sense of protection despite our past. 

Niall. My friend and now someone who has managed to smash my heart into billions of pieces that cut me every time it musters enough energy to beat. 

Zayn. My love. 

My love until the end of time. 

My love until death rips us apart. 

I cry harder once realization hits me that that last part might be soon. 

I'm not one who thinks of butterflies and rainbows, who falls head over heels in love with someone and bases every decision around that person. I don't imagine wedding bells or children and growing old together. Most of the time people break up before moving on to someone new. I'm not a person who is stupidly in love and have my eyes heavily covered by fleece, not allowing me to see the real world. I'm not that person.

I'm not. 

I'm a realist. 

But Zayn is real. 

And what I feel when I'm with him... I hate to say it's the most damned real thing I have ever felt in my life. 

Exhaustion creeps over me and soon my eyes can't stay open. 

Everywhere it's wet and I know it's my blood staining this white ground.

I manage to sit up so my face isn't pressed against the spare pieces of glass littered across the ground and I lay against the cool side of the tub. 

I exhale slowly. 

The coolness feels so good against the heat of my back. 

My eyes are almost completely closed before they flicker open again.