Chapter 79

Fav and comment fot more updates

gif on the side of Zayn

Chapter 79_

Midnight had already passed by the time I was leaving the party. 

Zayn said that he would take me home however he still was obligated to say goodbye to everyone so we worked it out so that he would just meet me in the parking venue beneath the building. 

“Hold the lift!” someone shouted, making me snap up. Before I could even press the button the man had managed to wedge his hand in-between the doors, triggering the sensor so the sliding doors stopped and retracted. 

Stepping inside, the man passed me a smile which I accepted. 

The ride down was quiet. Not even any of that weird music they play in these things. The only sounds to be heard was the whir of the mechanics and our soft breathing. 

As the doors opened our view transformed to a once pretty looking ballroom to a musty smelling parking basement which reeked of car fumes and oil spills. Like the Malik Building, the electricity wasn’t so good down here so the lighting wasn’t very strong and neither was the current… This caused certain lights to flicker every once in a while. 

My heels echoed off the cement floors as I walked but I didn’t go to far. I wasn’t entirely sure where the car so I just went to one of the large pillars that helped hold up the structure in here. It was the nearest pillar, being straight ahead, and the word “D” was neatly spray painted in thick black lines. Looking down the row I noticed the other letters of the alphabet marking the parking territories. There was a small curb that wrapped around the pillar so I stepped up and decided to wait there. 

After I got myself comfortable I looked up and saw that the man was no where to be found…. Weird thing was, was that I didn’t hear footsteps nor do I hear a car starting up. But something stuck out to me in the back of my mind… Something was strange about this guy… What was it?

I recalled our time in the elevator together and tried to remember details… Sandy colored hair… Dark eyes… Was fairly husky looking… Definitely strong… What did I do next? I… I looked down at the ground…. 

I shrugged my weird feeling away and stood there waiting for the elevator door to ding and to have Zayn step out.

But 15 minutes passed and he was still not here. It wasn’t until now where I started to feel uncomfortable. Whether it was because of my heels that made my feet ache, or the creepy setting of this basement lot, I desperately wanted fresh air and escape this icky warm place. 

I debated whether or not to text Zayn to see where he was but decided against it. I trusted Zayn, if he wasn’t here there was a good reason. 

A small sound of a small pebble being scraped across the concrete floor made me whip my head around, startled by the sound. 

I told myself I was ok and I was alone but nothing I assured myself seemed to slow down my beating heart which was slowly picking up it’s pace.