Chapter 62

gif of Mia

Chapter 62_

"You know we were all convinced you were dead, right?" Brendon greeted as soon as we had locked eyes. Mads turned around and smiled at me, using her hand to motion me to come over and sit with them on the couch area of The Brew. 

"I thought I would find you guys here," I said, laughing as I plopped down beside Brendon who I didn't really want to hug because of all the pastry jelly that covered his hands.

"Yup, because we work hard all day only to come here and spend all of our hard earned money on donuts and tea," Mads said with a roll of her pretty eyes that were outlined with black liner. "But seriously, where have you been?" Mads exclaimed, slapping me on the arm playfully. 

I held up my hands in front of me to surrender and to tell her that I was sorry for disappearing. 

Of course they forgave me within the five seconds that I had been there and pretty soon I found myself spilling everything that had happened to me since our last meeting. Of course I left out a lot of important details such as nearly being killed and other things that had to do with the shady business. The last thing I wanted them to do was worry about me or somehow get them involved. But the idea of actually telling them the overall idea of what was happening was rolling around in my mind as I tried to settle on a decision. On one hand, like I said, I didn't want to get them involved or make them worried, but on the other hand if Mads of Brendon or even Carly was having any sort of weird thing happening at their job I would want to know about it. No matter what the cost.

However, one thing that was practically was the center of our entire conversation, was the subject of me and Zayn. 

"Wait... So does that mean you two are sort of together? Like dating?" Mads asked as she sips a fresh cup of her piping hot tea.

Carly was working today and she resumed her usual routine of talking, getting yelled at, and then working. As of right now she was sitting here talking, holding a tray of pastries that she really needed to deliver. 

I had no idea why she wasn't fired yet. She's been working here for almost two years and no matter how many times she gets yelled at for not doing her job or something, Mitch never fires her. 

"Who the hell cares?!" Carly exclaims, looking at Mads and I with wide eyes. "He sounds hot!"

"Actually... I don't know what we are," I said truthfully. 

"Your so lucky Mia... And your saying you slept at his house the other night?"

"Yea.... But we didn't do anything," I assured them but Brendon made a loud faux snore. 

"Like we're supposed to believe that," Brendon stated.

"Yes! Because I'm telling the truth!" 

"Fine, fine, we believe you," Carly said, nodding her head. I noticed that her hair had gotten noticeably longer. Pretty soon she was going to have to cut it otherwise it wouldn't be classified as a pixie cut anymore. I also noticed a new array of stud piercings that made their way all around the border of her ear. Those were new. Before only she only had two piercings on each ear but now she was decked out. "But that doesn't mean nothing has happened before."