Chapter 96

Fav and comment for more

gif on the side of Zayn

Chapter 96_

My pleadings for Harry to keep quiet went ignored as we trekked back towards the Malik Building. 

I wasn’t sure why Harry was so persistent on telling Zayn that his father tried to friggin kill me, especially when I knew that Zayn’s reaction wouldn’t be a pretty one. Over and over again I told Harry that this didn’t have to reach Zayn, and that we could keep it between us, but Harry declined my offer. 

“I’m fine!” I finally shouted at him. “Please, we don’t have to do this!” I hissed under my breath as we stood in the middle of my office. Two more steps and we would be in arms reach of the door that led to Zayn’s office. “He doesn’t have to know—“

“Know what?”

I shut my eyes, my body burning from the irony that Zayn wouldn’t even be in his office, but more so returning to it. 

“What’s he doing here?” Zayn continued to ask, and I finally turned around to face him. 

“Can I talk to you for a minute?” Harry spoke calmly, and Zayn responded with a puzzled look but the two of them stepped inside the closed walls of his office. 

I didn’t realize how exhausted I was until the doors closed behind them, leaving me all alone in here.

I flopped down in my chair and swiveled it around so I stared at the building across from us, wondering if there too was a girl in there looking back at me from across the street. My mind began to wander aimlessly, thinking of all the people who occupied that building across from me, wondering what they were doing or what their name even was. In the months I have been working here I haven’t even really taken the time to really soak in my surroundings… More specifically, what their companies were even called. From there I began to think about each of those person’s families, or if their company had dangerous deals going on like ours. 

Soon I began to hear angry voices get relatively louder as the minutes ticked on, and I closed my eyes and sighed, knowing Zayn was furious. Low grumblings and the raising of angry voices could be heard on and off for about 15 minutes, and finally I heard the door click open.

Harry gave a short nod to me and then was out the door. 

“Mia, come in here, please,” Zayn spoke. I was able to hear his voice clearly because of the unclosed door which Harry had left open. 

I took a deep breath before standing up. 

When I approached the doorway, I saw Zayn leaning against his desk on the side nearest me instead of actually being behind it as I thought he would be. 

His jacket still remained off, but now his white sleeves were rolled up just a bit, exposing his tattoos which I had grown somewhat accustomed too. 

“Shut the door, please,” he continued, and I took another step inside before grabbing the door and leaning against it in a way that would make it shut. I could feel the hard board behind my back as I leaned against it, too nervous to actually venture farther in.