Chapter 77

Fav and comment for more updates

Gif on the side of Zayn :)

Chapter 77_

The low watt lights above our heads flickered and buzzed as our footsteps echoed off the concrete surroundings. 

The Malik Building was officially closed for the night and Zayn and I were walking down in the car lots beneath the skyscraper. 

“I’ll talk to you tomorrow,” I told him as he pulled out the keys to his vehicle. My— or should I say his— car was still a few meters away. 

“Do you need a ride?” he asks, setting his briefcase down. The lights flashed as a high pitched sound rang out indicating that the doors were now unlocked. 

“Nope,” I shook my head. “I took one of your cars this morning… I’ll drop it by tomorrow and have Brendon pick me up or something. Is that ok?”

By this time I was halfway to my vehicle before Zayn beckoned me to come back. I sighed and walked over to him.

“What?” I asked, placing my hand on the newly washed sportscar. I purposely let my natural finger oils leave a print.  I then made a happy face on the shiny surface before looking up to meet Zayn’s gaze. 

“How come you never ask me to take you home?” he asked me. 

I shrugged, “I don’t know… Because I don’t want to bother you or be a burden?”

I looked down awkwardly at my shoes. When I look back up again Zayn is noticeably closer and is in touching distance of me. 

My chilled skin reacted once his warm fingertips touched my hands, sending a trail of goosebumps all throughout my body. 

My lips longed to feel his warm ones but I kept on looking down, refusing to let my needs take over. 

“You know I would take you home in a heartbeat, Mia,” he whispers, his voice slightly gravely.

I could sense him getting closer to my face but I still refused to look upwards. 

“I can’t stand the thought of you with other men… I’m just relieved that Brendon isn’t straight,” he breathed. 

I chuckled, “Do you say that to all the girls?” I asked him. 

“No,” he shook his head. “And to be honest you’re the only one I ever care to be around anymore.”

This overwhelming feeling came over me. He sped up my heart with every single little thing he did, but at the same time my breathing couldn’t have been more steady. The friction between my breathing and my heartbeat made me physically hurt because I couldn’t give in to either one. And the fact that Zayn’s hands stayed put on my own drove me even more crazy. I wanted them to be everywhere at once. Both making me smile and making me feel safe and warm in his embrace. I wanted to be close enough to him so I couldn’t just smell his cologne, but I could place the difference between the smell of the cologne and his own natural body scent. I wanted to feel each curve of the muscles that sculpted his back, and the smooth skin that clothed him. I wanted to feel the tickle of his eyelashes that touched my neck or cheek whenever he felt the need to kiss a piece of my exposed skin.