Chapter 68

gif of NIALL OH YEAH THOSE LIPS!

Chapter 68_

I sat in silence back at the Malik Mansion while listening to Zayn yell profanity at the company technicians that are in charge of making sure the system runs smoothly and all of the servers are locked and protected.

"Zayn, give it a rest!" I finally said, "What's done is done.... We'll talk it out when the others arrive."

He looked at me and for a moment I thought he was going to yell at me too but he simply hung up his cell phone and set it down on the coffee table.

The living room was warm and cozy thanks to the rich colors and the burning fireplace, but you could still feel the chillness of what was yet to come.

Hearing voices, I turned and saw Louis walk in followed by Harry and lastly, Niall.

"So are you going to tell me what's going on or?" Niall asks, looking at all of us with expectance.

I move a pillow and let him know he can make himself comfortable on the couch.

He looks at it reluctantly but then gives in and sits down. Louis chooses the chair farthest away from him and Harry decided to keep standing.

Hoping to make things less awkward I sat down next to Niall but caught myself trying to scoot away and move more towards the other end because the thought of him and what he was capable of (physically) made me uneasy.

"Our computer system back at the Malik Building has been hacked," Zayn announced, looking Harry directly in the eye.

"For the last time, Malik, it wasn't me," Harry replied with gritted teeth, not enjoying the automatic judgment Zayn had placed on him.

"Your the only person who has someone smart enough to get into our system without triggering the alarm... Whoever did it bypassed all of the security measures," Zayn said.

"I don't think it was him," Louis speaks up, his once chipper self seemed like their was a giant weight set upon him that held him down. "My father has spoken for people who have been in the NASA program like the man Bolton hired... They sort of get in trouble all the time for 'spying on people'. There's different sections to the company; one is space exploration and the second one deals with stuff on Earth... Anyway, they teach them using a certain mindset and if the scientist that works for Bolton did try to hack Malik Enterprises, he would have used the route that would trigger the alarm."

Zayn's dark eyes moved from Louis and settled on Harry again. His chiseled jaw moved a bit as he subtly grinded his teeth together as if mulling over Lou's proposition.

"What did the want?" Niall asked, diverting everyone's eyes to him now.

Neither Zayn nor Louis seemed to have felt like answering this question so I stepped up to the plate.