Chapter 108

Fav and comment

Chapter 108_

I stand idly by the sleek exterior of the car, waiting for Zayn and he is across the parking lot having a word with both Harry and Niall. 

Anxiety poisons my mind as it thinks of all the loose ends that are very possible to be found. 

Like Louis’ car. 

My knees buckle and I hold onto the top of the vehicle to keep myself up.

Oh my God, I think to myself, the car. 

Niall drove me back to Zayn’s house in it, but when they left they took Harry’s which was parked just outside the garage. The five of us met beforehand at the mansion before Louis drove us back to Bolton where a car was waiting for Harry and I. 

Zayn proceeded to drive to the country home while Louis took Niall. Our driver arrived at the estate shortly after the others did. 

“Zayn,” I cry out as he approaches, “The car… The car is still at your place.”

“I’m working it, Mia,” he growls angrily, unlocking the car. 

I hesitate to get in but I know me not doing so would only make him more upset. 

Zayn pushes the speed limit enough to make me more nervous, and since we are in the city, we have to stop every other minute which makes him slam on the brakes. For some reason I am the only one who lurches forward painfully. I guess after a while you get used to your own driving.

We make a turn and as I glance in my rearview mirror, I notice Harry’s car still trailing behind us. 

I decide against asking Zayn about it and end up waiting it out. 

Sure enough, Harry turns in behind us as we reach the great big gates that lead to Zayn’s home. 

From the look of the estate I know that it must have been groomed recently. 

Upon seeing a figure huddled behind the bushes, I sit up straighter in my seat to see if I can catch a glance. I lower myself once I see that it’s Charles just watering some plants. 

Zayn pulls into the parking garage while Harry leaves his car in the same place as he did last night. 

I wince upon seeing Louis’ familiar Mini Cooper parked on the opposite side. 

The three men push past me and are pounding up the stairs into the doorway which leads to the living room. 

I am the last to arrive. 

“First off, we need to do something about that car,” Harry says as I walk in.