Chapter 92

Fav and comment for more

Gif on the side of Mia

Chapter 92_

In an instant everything made sense and I scolded myself for not have thinking it before. 

I excused myself and took out my cell phone as I reached an area which was a small but respectable distance away from where Carlisle sat.

“Come on… Pick up, pick up,” I muttered, tapping my foot impatiently against the grey cement pathway. 

I heard the click of the line and before Camille could say anything I began to speak. 

“Camille,” I said. 

“Yes, is everything alright?” she asked, sounding slightly panicked. 

“It’s Paul Foreman,” I stated, my tone giddy with the excitement of my discovery. “He’s the mole.”

“What? What makes you think it’s him?”

“He’s been working for us for nearly 15 years, so I looked at his income records for the past 6 years and every once in a while out of nowhere he lands a lot of cash… All with no records as to where he got it. I checked everything, trying to see if there could be an explanation within our system, but no one else on his floor got nearly as much money as they did, and if they did get money, there was an explanation written on their slip. I ended up going into the company’s gross and profit numbers and I decided to check the dates and nearly every single one was quickly followed by months of bad readings. I thought that it was just another coincidence but it’s not! Camille, The extra money is what he has been payed for giving someone confidential information! It has to be! I spoke with Carlisle and he mentioned when Miss Sonenclar gave the media something to write about, resulting in our stock market crashing… I remember the time period and sure enough, that’s in the same month as one of Mr. Foreman’s mysterious extra income! It can’t be a coincidence!”

“Mia,” she said, her tone sounding grave, “You do know that if we accuse Mr. Foreman of being something as serious as someone who is selling company secrets and he ends up not being the mole… He can take us to court for discrimination… We can’t afford to do that… Especially with our bank on lock. The money Mr. Malik won in the poker game with Mr. Styles is nearly gone… We can’t afford to be spending that money towards things that can be avoided.”

“I know,”  said sincerely. 

“Are… Are you one hundred and ten percent sure it’s Mr. Foreman?”

“I’m positive,” I assured her. 

“Alright… I’ll see what I can do—“

“No,” I intercepted, a new idea brewing in my head. “Don’t say anything just yet. I’ll be home soon… I’ll talk to himself. In the meantime make sure all confidential information is kept away from his entire floor… That way it won’t cause suspicion if we only single him out…. I’ll take a look at his department and try and think of a casual reason as to why he would be needed on the top floor.”