Chapter 118

Chapter 118_

My insides burn as I collapse to the ground, suddenly unable to hold myself up.

My mouth is dry and even though I know I'm breathing, it feels like no air is passing through me. 

I can't even speak. 

I'm utterly horrified to see Niall uncover his mouth and walk towards me before crouching down beside my still body.

I've never felt sheer fright more strongly than in this moment. 

I'm completely helpless. 

I close my eyes as if that could somehow protect me against him but I still feel his hand smooth out my hair and get it out of my face. 

"I'm sorry, love," he coos, "It'll pass in a little while."

I want to ask him just how long but I remember that I can't speak. 

His thumb rubs over the device in his hand—the device. "Think about what achievements we could have with this kind of technology, my dear Mia?" he asks me, looking at the contraption lovingly. "I could change the world. The Horan last name would be placed even higher than Zayn's or anyone else's."

He's sick. Sick and twisted and high off the thought of becoming someone he isn't. Someone he shouldn't have to be. 

Tears start to slide down my face but I also notice blood staining the floor. It takes me a moment to realize that it's coming from my nose. 

The pain seems to intensify as the moments past instead of me slowly becoming used to the feeling. 

I feel like acid is  burning me from the inside out. 

Niall still continues to pet my hair as if he actually trying to comfort me despite being the one who is inflicting the pain. 

He gets up suddenly after glancing at his wrist watch and I watch him in silence as he walks over to his closet and begins to remove boxes before setting them down on his bed. 

Whipping out his phone, he appears to be texting someone and then throws his phone on top one of the boxes before returning to whatever he was doing. 

Out of no where he stops working and stands straight up, startling me.

Roughly 15 minutes has passed and I'm surprised to see that I'm able to move my fingers. 

I notice that the pain has subsided as well. 

He takes a step towards his bedroom door and my heart beat quickens. 

From there on out my feeling and movement starts to return quickly but I still don't think I would be able to walk let alone run and try and fight my way out of here. 

The possibility of reaching into one of the boxes and grabbing a device for myself is out of the question because the bed seems a million miles away. 

I see movement in my peripheral vision and Niall takes another step, tilting his head so his ear faces the direction of the living room. 

I try to slow and quiet my breathing so that I can maybe catch a bit of whatever seems to be bothering him. 

Suddenly he's walking swiftly towards me and I use all of my energy to try and drag myself backwards but I know that there is nowhere to go. 

I'm whimpering, trying to form words but I have yet to regain control of my vocal box, Niall grabs me by the shoulders gruffly despite my strained attempt of protesting.