Chapter 114

Chapter 114_

His hands trailed up and down my bare thighs, giving me a chill despite the blanket that encased us in warmth. 

my legs rested on either side of him comfortably as he sat against the headboard, multiple pillows propped up against the wood. 

His shirt was no where to be seen and yet again I find myself enchanted by the ink that stains his skin. Words... Pictures... Symbols... Bits of him... All scattered around his arms and a few of them found homage on his chest, an easy spot for my fingers to find whenever they felt the need to trace over them. 

"What does this one mean?" I whisper, pointing to rather small one on his inner bicep.

He laughs and I can feel his chest move. "Not everything has to have a meaning, Mia."

I'm not satisfied with that answer and so I continue to stare at the odd little doodle before wondering what would image would I choose if I were to get a tattoo. 

"Where do you get them done?" I ask him, finally tearing my gaze away from his arm only to see that his eyes are already on me. 

I inhale sharply. 

I hope he doesn't notice. 

"I have a few different places I go to mainly because I don't want all of them to look the same... I wanted... Originality between the lot. Some have clean lines while others feather out. Some are more comical while others are more serious... I thought getting them done by different artists who have their own style would translate onto my arm and make something with... Dimension... Is that weird?"

My head barely shakes the answer 'no'. 

"Are you planning on getting any more soon?"

"Not that I know of... As for right now... I have everything I need."

I've asked myself so many times what is it about his tattoos that intrigues me and entrances me. In the office he has his suit and tie on yet at home once those clothes come off, a whole new person is alive and as I sit before him and bathe in his scent and his touch, I am in awe and can't help the warm feeling I feel when I realize that I'm the only one who gets to see them... All of them. 

Of course I understand that I wasn't the first one to be able to see them... I feel like I should be feeling at least a bit jealous and maybe even a pinch angry but all I feel for those girls is pity. Pity because what they saw was just a work in progress... He's finished now. For the time-being, at least. 

My eyes turn to my own arms which are bare. I envision black ink stabbing through my skin and making something some people would call art. I imagine a sleeve to match Zayn's. 

Carly has a few tattoos.... Tiny ones... A bit on the quirky side and always on the small side. Most of them are hidden but like Zayn, sometimes you are able to sneak a glimpse. 

"Next time you go can I come with you?" I ask, yet again looking up and into his big honey orbs. 

"Only if you promise not to get one yourself."

I'm taken back for a minute. 

"Why not?"

I don't feel any agitation towards his request, not even in the slightest, my only reason for my startled response is because I was not expecting that. For someone who owns so many himself, you would think he wouldn't care—or even really endorse— his girlfriend getting one herself. 

His eyes drop their way down my body while his hands begin to explore the surface of my skin again. 

"I love how your so clean. Your skin is untouched and unmarked and not blemished and it's the most beautiful thing I have ever seen," he says breathlessly before biting his lip and looking down. "But it's up to you," he adds, "But I rather have you like this."

My eyes flutter closed as his hands continue to burn trails of fire all across the map that is my body and I swear there is nothing that feels better than this. 

Nothing better than being here so close to him... Only a kiss away... In a bubble of honesty and raw emotion and hunger.... 

Without its' gel, Zayn's hair is limp and floppy, covering his forehead in a way that is so adorable. 

"Your hair is getting so long... You'll be needing a headband soon," I grin, moving it out of his face only to flop back into place. 

It's so soft. 

"I'm not afraid of headbands," he confesses, "I grew up with three sisters. I've seen glittery days."

He goes quite and he seems to sink down a bit. 

"Speaking of my sisters.... I... I went to see Sofia the other night after I left your house."

Both hands cover my mouth in glee upon hearing this news. 

"I'm so happy," I tell him, leaning down to kiss his forehead.

Soon I'm kissing everything.

His eyelids and his temples, the tip of his nose and his cheeks along with his jawline and his lips. 

My hands grip the back of his head and I press myself further into him. He tastes of spearmint mixed with the lingering taste of brandy. 

His skin is so hot but I can't seem to tear myself away and suddenly I'm completely gone and this whole new girl has taken over my body as I move down towards his neck.

He's breathing hard and I hear a moan get caught in his throat. 

Gone are the scars of his past. 

Gone is the pain caused by his abusive father. 

Gone is the acceptance he seemed from someone who always wanted more. 

Gone are the wrong turns and decisions gone bad. 

Gone are the barriers keeping him from fulfilling all of his potential. 

Given is the redemption he's earned and the respect he's worked for. 

When I finally look up at his face, his eye's are still closed but I can see his eyelashes flutter and move. 

His mouth is parted only just. 

My hands tangle themselves in his soft hair once again as I lean in closer to his lips. 

The lips laced with honey and adrenaline. 

Comfort and danger. 

Ecstasy and a warm fire on a cold day. 

My lips are so close to his yet they don't touch. 

I feel this yearning for him slowly start to build up inside of me and it's causing my pulse to race and I can't even steady myself enough to kiss him again. 

His eyes can't seem to stay open and his face is burning hot. 

"I'm all yours," he says in short gasps, loud enough so I could hear them—but only if I was this close. 

"I've got no control."