Chapter 38

**************************************
Mental toughness is spartanism with qualities of sacrifice, self-denial, dedication. It is fearlessness, and it is love.
-Vince Lombardi
**************************************
Mikey gave me a nervous glance, before he looked over at Aiden, whose eyes were fixed upon me and It was obvious how angry he was.

"I'll head back inside" Mike spoke slowly trying to not anger Aiden further as he quietly made his way inside.

I fiddled with the hem of my shirt feeling intimidated under his gaze. He brought his hand forward and I hesitantly put my hand in his. "Let's go inside" was all he said before pulling me with him.

The tension back in the room was too much, soon minutes turned into hours and we were all waiting for Aiden to blow up any second. However, he didnt say a word to neither of us.

"Okay I cant take this anymore" Ace rose from the floor looking between Aiden and I. He had no idea what had happened, but I guess he could sense the tension too.

"Get up both of you, and sort this shit out" he pulled Aiden up from his seat along with me.

"Well, hop along" he gestured us both giving us a little nudge towards the door. Aiden looked at me and sighed. "Maybe he is right."

"Damn right I am. I have some errands to run, I have to go, but by the time I return, your issues should be resolved" he demanded and grabbed his keys making his way out with Mike following behind.

"Why are you angry?" Was the first thing I asked as I saw the door close.

"I'm not angry" Aiden replied defensively making me scoff.

"How much did you hear?" I tried again and his eyes darkened at my question. "Enough" was his reply.

"Come on Aiden, I'm trying, you have to talk to me or we can't sort this out" I sighed defeated sitting back down on the couch behind me.

"Like you talked to me?" He taunted me, tilting his head to the side

"Ok I deserved that, but you have to understand, I don't have a mom that I can go and or any girl friend with whom I can discuss this. Mike is my childhood friend" I gave him my puppy dog eyes

"you can talk to me" Aiden rolled his eyes.

"I dont want to bother you with every little thing"

"this was not a little thing" Aiden grumbled.

He then grabbed my hand and pulled me upstairs towards his room. He stood me infront of his mirror and looked at me

"what do you see?" He asked me and a frown made its way onto my face.

"You and I" I said clearly not understanding what he was saying.

"Thats not what I see" he mumbled and then took a few steps back till he could no longer be seen in the mirror.

"I see a strong, tough, faithful, understanding, girl. Who can be slightly shy on the outside, but if you ask me she has got so much fire inside her, she is feisty, rambles on infront her crushes" he said with a smirk and my cheeks instantly turned red as I looked down "she can pounce on you if you look at her man" he said chuckling and I remembered how I slapped Melissa "and she can stand by you, whether you are right or wrong. Not only that but she is also the most beautiful girl in the world and the most perfect girlfriend one could ask for."

I turn around and look at him and saw him looking back to me with admiration in his eyes. His eye twinkled as he talked about me.

"One thing I can say that Michael was wrong about" he spoke and I gave him a questioning glance.