Chapter 16

*********************************
Today I choose life. Every morning when I wake up I can choose joy, happiness, negativity, pain... To feel the freedom that comes from being able to continue to make mistakes and choices - today I choose to feel life, not to deny my humanity but embrace it.
  ---- kevyn aucoin
*********************************

I entered the class and as usual kept my head down while walking all the way to the end of the class, but as I reached the end. I noticed someone sitting on my chair, scrunching up my nose in confusion, I looked up to check my surroundings and noticed a certain blue eyed boy staring straight at me as if daring me run away from him again, walking upto him I sighed as I spoke quietly  "what are you doing here?" I asked Michael, giving a quick glance around the enpty classroom, "I am here to ask you something" he responded while running a hand through his hair
"Ask what?" I answered him confused, "not here, I dont want our talk to be the next headline of the school's facebook page" he said, as he firmly grabbed my arm and started pulling me out of the classroom. 
*
*
*

*
*
*
Michael dragged me towards the school's playground while I tried to get his hands off me.
"Dont touch me" I seethed as he came to a stop at the far end of the ground, I roughly pushed his hand away from my arm "I've told you I dont like to be touch, why cant the three of you keep that in your damn brains" he looked a bit taken back by my sudden outburst, but was quick to respond as he raised his hands up in defence muttering a quick "sorry" "What do you want Michael?" I questioned him as I folded my arms infront of my chest. He tucked his hands in the  pocket of his jeans and took a deep breath before speaking "what happened between you and Aiden last night" "what do you mean? Nothing happened last night." I replied looking anywhere but him, he just looked at me and sighed "Look, I know you are lying, and I know Aiden was lying too. last I know that Aiden was going to your place for a project and then 5 hours later he knocks at my door drenched in sweat, completely drunk with bruised knuckles,and shouting that he doesn't care and he wont let you die. so my question is what the hell was this project and did it involve getting drunk? Busting your knuckles open and wandering in streets?"
I stood there shocked, gaping at him like a fish, unable to speak as I just muttered "Whaaaatttt?" And covered my mouth with my hands standing still for about a minute trying to wrap my head around it, before I shouted "He did what" "You dont know?" He looked at me confused, "Of course I dont know, I saw him this morning in maths and then in the sports field arguing with Ace and then he walked out of the school. where did he go?" "Yes, that idiot came to school with a hangover n bruised stomach which is why Ace went to make him go back home and I came here to talk to you" "give me his address now" "what?" Michael replied "I dont have time to explain, I promise I will tell you everything but later, give me his address please" I begged him, He just looked at me for a second before speaking "Listen Isabella, I'm not suppose to be saying this, but Aiden has been through alot, more than alot, his life hasnt been all normal and if there is something serious you need to tell me. you and him both. You both are my friends but I dont ever want to see Aiden, who is always calm and composed turn up at my door step like this. similarly if there is something bothering you then please I want to know" he told me looking genuinely worried about both Aiden and I. I just smiled at him softly as I said "I will tell you, when the time is right, I promise but right now I need to see Aiden please can you give me his address?" I asked him waiting patiently as he wrote down the address on one of the paper he found in his bag and handed it over to me, "You owe me" he stated firmly, "Yes, I promise" I shouted as I had already started running away from him making my way to the school's back gate, 'what did you do Aiden' I thought as I briskly walked out of the school.