Chapter 36

**************************************

If you are working on something that you really care about, you don’t have to be pushed. The vision pulls you.   – Steve Jobs

**************************************
"Can you please stop pacing around? Its gonna be okay" Aiden spoke for the hundredth time.

We were currently in his living room waiting for Mrs. Daniel to show up, which was going to be any second.

"What if she fires me and kicks me out of the house? Where will I go? Shall I start applying to some other jobs?" I rambled on asking myself various questions out loud. Aiden groaned as this was the same rant I had been saying over and over again. And everytime Aiden kept assuring me that its not going to happen.

Finally he got up from the sofa and wrapped his arms around me from the back instantly making me relax, he kissed the side of my head "your gonna be ok, she cant do anything, just trust me. I dont even think its important to tell her, just doing this for your peace of mind." I moved back into his arms relaxing the back of my head on his shoulder. "But-" I started to speak again and he immediately turned me around putting his finger on my lips. "Shhh" he said "Trust me?" He asked and I nodded without a second thought. "Then relax" he said moving away from me towards the dining table where water was kept but I held onto his arm. He turned back around to face me and I just wrapped my arms around his neck with my head in the nape of his neck. I gave him a soft kiss and sighed in relief. "Thank you" I mumbled in his neck and he held onto me tighter.

We stood there hugging each other for about five minutes before we heard the jingle of the keys and I immediately moved back from Aiden. "Okay, this is it" I spoke up to him giving him a nervous smile and he interlinked his hand with mine in response.

"Yes I need to those papers on my desk by tomorrow morning. It's important we get this deal Mark" Elise entered the room speaking authoritatively on the phone. She had her hair tied up in a loose bun with her Versace glasses resting on top of her head and was wearing a branded olive green suit with a plain black shirt inside and sleeves rolled up till her elbow. She had paired her outfit with a plain black stiletto heel and she held her favourite LV bag in her hand. She stopped talking as she saw Aiden and I standing in the living room and then her eyes zeroed in on our interlinked hands. I tried pulling away but Aiden just held on tighter. She rose her eyebrow questioningly before going back to speaking on the phone. "I'll call you back" she said without taking her eyes of us and cut the call. Putting her bag and phone down on a table nearby and crossed her arms standing in front of us. I suddenly felt cheap and little infront of her intimidating figure and swallowed loudly. "What are you doing here this early?" She asked calmly, a bit too calm for my liking. It felt like the calmness before a huge storm hits.

"I-I-I" strutted suddenly losing my ability to speak as I looked down at my feet. "She lives here" Aiden spoke not beating around the bush in a monotone without any emotions and she tapped her foot on the ground. "Excuse me?" She said as her hands now moved towards her hips.
"She has been staying here all this time." Aiden spoke again for me "Why?" she asked him again too calmly. "That's none of your business. I didnt even think its important to tell you, but Bella wanted to. So I'm doing this." "This girl has been living in my house, eating my food, using my utilities, and still taking money from me. All this time" the anger was now starting to show up and I tried to intervene. "Maam I'm so sorry-y I wanted to tell you-u sooner. But I never got a chance." I finished looking back down at my feet. "Never got a chance?" She scoffed throwing her hands up giving a light chuckle. "Ofcourse you never got a chance. It was easy to live you dream life of me and still get money out of me. Ofcourse you wouldn't get a chance" she said and Aiden spoke up "listen-" he said and she put her hand up infront of him. "Stop" she told him and glared down at me "I'm not talking to you" she said. "You could have only dreamt about living like this and suddenly you saw Aiden and thought this was your chance. Trap him and convince him to let you live with him so you can fulfill all your dreams without spending a penny and when you thought that it wasn't enough you came to my office took the job to make more money off of me." She said waved her hand around like she got it all figured out, chuckling at the end. "How dare you" she suddenly hissed down at me and as a reflex I clutched Aiden's hand tighter. She moved towards me and held me by my shoulders "I know girls like you. I deal with them everyday. But you turned out to be more cunning that anyone else." She squeezed my shoulders tightly before pushing me away and I stumbled back, thankfully Aiden stopped me from falling.

"Stop it!" Aiden finally spoke as he came and stood infront of me. Finally Elise's glare shifted from me to Aiden as he glared back with just as much hatred. "Firstly, this isnt 'your' house" he said making quotation marks with his fingers. "Secondly, All these expensive things that you wear, these versace, gucci, LV" he pointed at all the things she was wearing "are not yours. They dont belong to you and they never did. You know that very well. And lastly, just because you trapped and married my dad for money doesn't mean everyone does the same." He said and she took a step towards him. "Mind your language" she pointed up at him. And Aiden interlocked her finger with his own and just pushed it down. "You should know better than to point a finger at me. All these luxuries that you have are only because of me. So you better watch yourself" he smirked coldly up at her and she crossed her arms again trying to look intimidating to him but failing. Her scared eyes gave away her confidence in just a few minutes. "I want this girl out." She spoke turning her face away. "And I want you out, oh but look here we are." He replied moving his hand around pointing at me and her. I would have laughed at that, if the situation would have been slightly different and his step mother wasnt hoping to rip my head apart any second.

"Aiden-" she started frustrated but this time it was Aiden who put his hand up, silencing her. "I dont want to hear it, she stays here and thats final" he huffed out crossing his own arms infront of his chest. His tone was cold, extremely cold for my liking and he just looked up her once more before making his way out of the living room. "Come on Bella" he muttered walking out of the room. He stopped by the door and without turning back, spoke out loud only adding fuel to the fire as Elise's face turned even more red with anger if possible. "Just because you couldn't have dreamt of a life like this until you met my dad, doesn't mean everyone else does the same. If you had a heart you would know. But since you only understand the language of money. I'll make it very clear, touch her and its all gone." And just like that he was out of the room. I stood rooted to my spot unable to move my legs as I tried to comprehend what just happened. "I-I" ofcourse I couldn't keep my mouth shut and had to say something. "You're fired" she snarled at me. After mentally slapping myself. I muttered a quick sorry before dashing behind Aiden upstairs to his room.

"Hi" I mumbled as I entered the room. Aiden was lying on his bed his arm covering his eyes. "Hi" he spoke softly moving his arm from his eyes and patting the empty space next to him. "Sooooo" I dragged out making my way towards him. "I think that went really well. She loves me" I smiled down at him and he shook his head chuckling at my sorry excuse of a joke. He pulled me closer to his chest and I wrapped my arms around his torso putting my head on his chest. Listening to his heartbeat. It had a calming effect on me. "She gets on my nerves" he suddenly spoke. "I'm sorry you had to see that" I just hugged him tighter in response letting him know it was okay.

I had so many questions that I wanted to ask him. So much things I wanted to clear in my mind. But I just couldnt bring myself to say anything. I didnt want to offend him in anyway and seeing how he blew up downstairs I certainly didnt want to be at the other end of his wrath. "What are you thinking?" "About you" I spoke before my mind could register what I was saying. "What about me?" He asked intrigued. "I-I noth-hing?" It came out as a question. He sighed and sat up straight. "You can ask me anything you know that right?" "Even about her" I suddenly spoke and he tensed up for a few seconds before relaxing a bit. "Yes" was the only reply I got and I hummed in response. "just ask me Bella its ok" he assured me and I took a deep breath, it was sure as hell going to be a long night.