Chapter 25

***********************************
We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.

- Maya Angelou
***********************************
A few days went by since the encounter between Aiden and I. My bond with Mia had grown stronger, it was kind off becoming our thing now to watch disney movies at weekend and then play with barbies. My dad had basically backed off from me since his girlfriend was pretty much day and night and I tried to go home after they slept and leave before they woke up. On the other hand, I hadnt met Aiden's step mother yet as she was very busy with her work and barely came home, but that was about to change today since Mia was leaving again in a few days with her mom on some business trip she wanted to have lunch with everyone. So here I was in the kitchen baking cookies with Mia, the whole kitchen was almost filled with flour and there was chocolate all over Mia and I. We were singing and dancing in the kitchen loudly. As I twirled Mia around my eyes landed on something or better yet someone behind her and a gasp escaped my lips. I froze on my spot and he started to move towards me but Mia let go of my hand and ran towards him pulling him in the middle of the kitchen "Aiden, now your go, dance with Ella" she spoke giggling loudly and clapping her chocolate covered hands as she jumped up and down on her spot. Aiden slowly looked down at her and gave Mia the most honest and genuine smile and my stomach tingled with butterflies as I looked at him in an awe. He then turned towards me and our eyes met. Everything around me slowly faded and all I could see was Aiden infront of me slowly putting his one hand on my waist and the other hand in my hand and slowly started to couple dance with me. By now my legs were completely jelly and I was sure that I was only standing up because Aiden was holding me. He then twirled me around just as we heard a loud "What the hell" from behind us and that scared us both as Aiden let go of me making me stumbled into the back door hitting my head on it. "Oww" I yelped rubbing my forehead "Bella!" Aiden shouted as he quickly made his way to me trying to help me by rubbing my forehead. "What the hell is going on here" we heard again this time by a different voice making me jump slightly as Aiden turned around and moved out of my way so I could see two very amsued looking boys walking towards us. "Why is the kitchen covered in white dust and why are you covered in chocolate'Bella' " Ace laughed as he said the last word making quotation marks with his hand at the same time moving towards me and taking out a piece of wrapper that was stuck in my hair. Aiden on the other hand went back to being Aiden with no expression on his face as he gave a nod to Michael and pushed his hands in his jean pocket. "Why were you both couple dancing?" Michael asked with a teasing smile on his face. I blushed as I looked down and Aiden gave him a scowl. "Mia and I were dancing and Aiden came, so she wanted us to dance together, right Mia?" I asked her as she bobbled her head up and down and ran towards me " you okay?" She asked and I saw Aiden look up at me with concern in his eyes waiting for me to reply. "Yes, perfect" I gave her a big smile. Trying to convince her and Aiden both. However failing at the latter. He just shook his head "I'll get you an ice pack" he mumbled as he moved towards the freezer pulling out a bag of frozen peas and handing it over to me. I gave him a thankful smile turning back to Mia, "why dont you go clean yourself up while I quickly clean this place" I gestured to the kitchen. she gave me toothy grin and ran upstairs to change. I turned to the boys hoping someone will help me, "will you please help me?" I all but begged and they grumbled in response. "I'll get the broom" Ace grumbled. "I'll get the mop" Michael mumbled. "Why did we come here?" Ace grumbled to no one in particular and they both made their way to the store room. "You don't have to help if u dont want to" I said to Aiden and Ace turned around at that "why does he get a choice?" He exclaimed and I just shrugged in response "because" I said and Aiden shook my head at his signature reply, letting out a tiny smirk "I'll wash the dishes you go clean yourself up" he gestured to me. "No I can help.." and closed my mouth half way as I saw his pointed look. I just sighed and nodded "I'll be right back" I said as I made my way out of the kitchen.
*
*

*
*

*
*
30 minutes later I walked down the stairs into a spotless kitchen. It was as if nothing happened here. "Wow" I mumbled as I looked around the kitchen. "Ya, no thanks to you" teased Michael as he came out of the store room stretching his muscles. "I'm so sorry I was going to help, then Aiden send me to clean up and I gave Mia a shower then she was sleepy and wanted me to stay with her. So I layed down with her till she fell asleep" I said looking down again "it's ok, we cleaned up for you" Ace spoke as he hit Michael on the back of his head. "Oww, why would you do that?" Michael scowled. "Cuz I wanted to" Ace shrugged and ran outside with Michael running after him. I laughed as I shook my head at their childish behaviour. Just then Aiden walked out of the store and stopped as he saw me. He gave me a nod and then moved to go out but I quickly stopped him "Aiden!" I called out his name making him stop. "I-I" I stuttered. To be very honest I didnt know why I stopped him or what I wanted to say to him. I just wanted him to stay with me for a bit, he just had this calming effect on me and I loved it. We still hadn't talked about what had happened that night. None of us mentioned it and I didnt know how he felt about it. Did he regret it? Or was waiting for me to start the conversation. Without thinking I just went upto him and hugged him he tensed for a bit but then slowly relaxed as his arms moved to hug me back "thank you so much" I mumbled in his shirt "for what?" He replied with a confused tone. "Everything, everything that you did, everything that your doing and for everything you'll do in the future, you returned me a part of me that I thought was dead. My family couldn't do that for me but you did. You took care of me when I wasn't your responsibility. You made me feel safe again" I said to him feeling a bit teary. I had no idea where this sudden confidence was coming from I literally hugged him and now I was pouring my heart out to him. What was wrong with me? We stood like that for I dont know how long before we heard someome clear their throat and I looked up from his chest to see the intruder, Michael stood in the doorway with his arms crossed as he moved towards us with a smirk on his face. "Me and Ace are going to head out to go get food for everyone." He nodded at Aiden as we both let go of each other and moved back to put some distance between us "Oh I forgot to tell you, she cancelled the dinner, she has some important meeting to attend" Aiden rolled his eyes while replying to Michael. "Well then pizza it is" He fist bumped into the air and took his phone out to order. I laughed at him as I moved towards the living room without sparing Aiden a glance due to my utter embarrassment. As I entered the living room I picked up some magazines and papers lying around the sofa making space for everyone to sit down as a piece of paper fell out from a magazine. I picked it up and read its main heading  "Maid and Nanny needed" I quickly folded the paper and put it in my back pocket as I heard foot steps approaching me. I made a mental note to visit the address given in the article and hopefully apply for the job.