Chapter 32

**************************************

"Life imposes things on you that you can't control, but you still have the choice of how you're going to live through this."
- Celine Dion
**************************************

It has been a few weeks since my Job started at Aiden's place. Even though he is unhappy with it he seems to let me do my thing. Thankfully I havent had any run in's with Elise. She usually just texts me if there is anything to be done. Aiden however has made it extremely difficult for me to clean his room. He makes it extra dirty and then likes to pester me about it. He has also shown his interest in Melissa the school barbie and has been hanging out with her alot. Which made me slightly jealous. But I stayed away from them as much as I can. Currently it's Saturday and I have completed all my chores, and so now I'm laying in my bed looking up at the ceiling, waiting for sleep to consume. Thats another thing that I cant do. Sleep. I fall asleep and wake up in the middle of the night screaming. So far Aiden doesn't know about my nightmares and I like it to stay that way. Giving up hope on sleeping I grab one of my hoodies pulling it over my head and made my way towards the garden downstairs. I needed to clear my head and I needed some fresh air. I started walking in the garden, when I saw a familiar black jacket at the far end, I instantly knew who it belonged to and carefully made my towards him. As I got near him, I mumbled a quick hey and sat next to him as his head shot up to look at me, he didnt say a word just noded his head letting me know that he heard me. We sat for a bit in a complete comfortable silence just enjoying the view. "you want to go for a walk?" I muttered suddenly and immediately regretting it as he looked over at me again with a clouded look on his face. There was a complete silence for about five seconds before he stood up and then held his hand out for me. I looked at his hand and then up at him, and hesitantly put my hand in his and got up. He didnt let go of my hand as we started walking and a faint smile made its way on my face. We walked in complete silence for about 10 minutes before I decided to start a conversation "why were you sitting here" I questioned and as he continued walking I almost thought he didnt hear me when he answered me with his own question "why were you here?" "I couldnt sleep" I answered shortly and he just scoffed "I was thinking about you" he answered his question honestly and the butterflies made their way back in my stomach. I looked down at my hand he still hadn't let go and looked back at him "what about me?" I asked in all seriousness. He didnt say anything just squeezed my hand tight, I wasnt sure if he remembered that he still hasnt let go of my hand. We walked in a complete silence for the next few minutes and by the way his shoulders were tensed and his jaw was clenched I could tell he was angry but wasnt sure if that anger was directed at me or something else. Deciding, not to question him about it right now. I sighed and was about to speak before he blurted out "did you really think it was a mistake?" And I nearly got a whiplash as I turned my head towards him. "wha-tt" I strutted out knowing very well what he was talking about but just playing dumb "Its late, we should probably get back inside." I tried to change the subject but he was adamant "tell me!" He spoke with dominance lacing his voice. "I dont know" I exclaimed! suddenly finding the grass very interesting. He just nodded in response and turned around to walk back towards the house still with my hand still in his. We got near the door and I just cleared my throat pointing towards my hand in his and he instantly let go, muttered a quick sorry ran a hand through his hair and just walked inside. Leaving me standing there confused.
*
*

*
*

*
*
The next morning came by fast, I barely slept I couldn't stop thinking about everything that happened last night between us and then Aiden and Melissa. Maybe I just wasn't slightly jealous. The thought of them made me angry. I got up from my bed and made my way into the bathroom getting ready for the day.
*
*

*
*

*
*
The school today went horribly bad as Melissa clung onto Aiden like a leech and I had to watch them being all gross and romantic. Majority of the time I couldnt even look at them without bile rising in my throat. Ok I know I was over reacting. But I accepted the fact that I liked Aiden and I was jealous, very jealous. And I couldnt see him with someone like Melissa. It just made my blood boil. Currently I was in Aiden's room trying to clean it up but all he did was make it more messy. "Can you stop!" I seethed at him as he dropped his neatly folded shirts for the hundredth time. "What?" He shrugged innocently and I just grumbled going to pick them up again. "Why are you angry?" He asked plopping down on his bed folding his legs and arms. I watched his muscle flex as he did that, gulping I forced to turn my head away picking up the clothes. "Your irritating me" I said to him clearly annoyed by his antics. "And you irritate me" he said and I looked over at him. "How am I irritating you?" I questioned "does my equation with Melissa bother you?" He asked now getting up. "No" I replied looking away from him. He came in closer making me take my steps back. Hitting the back of his wardrobe "don't you think we're in this position alot?" I said trying to distract him. "We wouldnt be if you accept the truth." "What truth?" I asked him. "That you love me" he said smoothly without a slight hesitation. My breath got hitched as I turned my head towards him. "You're with Melissa and that's not true" I replied him. "What will it take for you to accept." "Nothing. Because it's not ture" I stated and he just tilted his head to the side looking at me with amusement in his eyes. "24hours" he stated and I furrowed my eyebrows " I promise you in 24 hours, you will accept that your in love with me." He spoke and moved away from me letting me go. "Dream on" I said and made my way out of his room.