24. ❄❆When I'm with you❆❄

I Like Me Better - Lauv

Midnight into morning coffee

Burning through the hours talking

Damn, I like me better when I'm with you

I like me better when I'm with you

Upon reaching their building Phoenix told Ricky to escort Aurora back home

Upon reaching their building Phoenix told Ricky to escort Aurora back home . So he could drop Ben and Olivia home . It was already 4:00 a.m. when they reached . Olivia thanked Phoenix sleepily and went inside , Ben told her to go and he will come in later . Phoenix and Ben sat on the porch stairs .

" I heard something." Phoenix said.

" How much ..."

'There is more...???'

"Enough." Phoenix said, after doing some thinking .

" If you are still around then you will deal decently when the rest will come out."

" How did Adam find out..???"

" His cousin told him , he is from the same town as Aurora . She helped Adam when his car was stolen , she gave him her car and an extra laptop she had . Her name must have come out regarding it and he told me when he came back and asked me to stay away from her."

"She helped him and that was his payback."

" You are still on the half truth Phoenix . And none of us know her side of the story ." Phoenix nodded

"So your father is a sheriff ." Phoenix asked Ben.

"Nope , My father is a computer engineer. My mom is a sheriff . Not many people get scared over a lady police officer's name . It's a cruel, sexist , racist world."

" I am sorry about what that guy said to you."

"Wouldn't be the first time , won't be the last . You know people just assume that we gay people will do anything with a d**k .Not everyone is our type . I am not thinking of jumping on every guy's bone ." Ben gave a humorless laugh .