𝟭𝟵

chapter 19

Caroline woke up to the sun filtering through the windows. Her face was nuzzled into a warm neck that smelled of oak. Her leg was draped over a man and an arm was hugging her tightly to them.

Klaus.

Caroline expected herself to dart off him. Say yesterday was a mistake, say he was evil and she was too good for him. But she didn't, she breathed in his intoxicating scent and pushed her body closer to his.

She was done fighting this. Fighting how she feels about this man.

"Good morning love," Klaus whispered against her hair. Stroking the blonde curls gently.

"Mhm, five more minutes." Caroline groaned clutching his strong arm.

Klaus started a trail of kisses that started at the nape of her neck and went all the way up into the crown of Caroline's hair, whispering sweet nothings as he kissed her.

"I've got to go but I'll see you later, alright love?" His tone was soft and gentle. It felt warm and gooey when he spoke to her like that.

Caroline raised her hands and opened and closed them, "kiss?" Caroline asked, smirking as he walked over and kissed her lips tenderly. Caroline raised her hands, hooked them around his neck and moved her lips against his roughly, tugging at his hair.

Klaus pulled away and smiled at her, "I've got to go love." Sighing Caroline nodded as he kissed her cheeks.

"I need to talk to you later though," Caroline said seriously, looking at him through her eyelashes, biting her lip nervously.

"Of course." He nodded and walked out the door.

Caroline didn't know how she was going to tell him.

-

"Caroline where are you? You left the sleepover early and we haven't seen you in like 6 days!" Elena's voice rang out on the phone.

"It's a long story but I'm with Klaus."

"KLAUS!? Are you alright?"

"I'm better then alright actually, we um, we kissed"

"Caroline you can't be with him. You know that right?"

"But why do you get to be with Damon, a guy who raped me but I can't be with a guy who also has a dark side."

"Come home soon. We can talk about it then. Just be careful." And Elena hung up the phone.

-
How could she tell him she was leaving?