𝟭𝟭

chapter 11

"Never touch her again." Klaus spits out at the man, venom filling his words as he punched him across the face.

Caroline saw josh gesturing for her to run, but she wasn't afraid of Klaus.

She mouthed, 'you go! I'll be fine!'

And watched as he looked at her sadly before running away.

"Klaus!" She yelled, only for the hybrid to ignore her, "Klaus stop! It's my fault!"

Klaus finally let the man drop to the floor before flashing Caroline out the door.

Caroline shivered slightly from the cold air and for a second she saw remorse flash in his bright blue eyes, right before they clouded back over with anger.

"I gave you one bloody rule and you couldn't even follow it" Klaus shouted, his face inches away from hers.

"I'm sorry! But I'm not some prisoner you get to keep locked up like a dog!" Caroline retorted, pointing her finger into his chest.

"I just want to keep you safe!"

"I don't need you to keep me safe!" Caroline pressed her finger into his chest harder.

Klaus grabbed her hand and pushed it to her side, "Get in the car."

"You can't boss me around!"

"Get. In. The. Car" he repeated his tone in a deadly warning.

"No-" Caroline started before being thrown over Klaus's shoulder and walked to the car.

"Let me go!!" She shrieked punching and kicking as hard as she could.

"Fine." Klaus put her down and put her inside the car, locking it.

Caroline was met with Josh next to her. His eyes watering and his lips trembling in fear.

"Don't worry I'll take full responsibility," Caroline reassured him gently, pressing her hand against the brunettes.

Klaus got in the car and said nothing.

The whole ride back was silent and Caroline only feared that it was the quiet before the storm.

Soon she would be proven right.