𝟮

chapter 2

Caroline, Elena, and Bonnie sat strung about in the Salvatore boarding house. Elena had been staying there quite frequently since her newfound relationship with the one and only Damon Salvatore.

Caroline hated the relationship, of course, the man had used her as a human blood bag and Elena didn't even seem to care.

"Okay okay so be honest Elena, how's Damon in the bedroom?" Caroline asked with a mischievous smirk playing on her lips.

"EW CARE!" Bonnie shrieked while pretending to vomit.

"What! I'm curious!" The blonde defended quickly.

"Well if you really wanna know," Elena started, leaning in as if she was about to spill a life or death secret, "he's amazing!"

The girls burst out into fits of giggles until Bonnie finally calmed down enough to say something, "I have the best idea! Let's play truth or dare!"

"Yes!" Both girls screamed at once.

"Okay I'll go first," Elena started, "Bonnie truth or dare?"

"Truth," Bonnie said at once.

"Okay kiss, marry, kill. Stefan, Jeremy, and Matt." Elena had a devilish grin as she watched Bonnie blush at the name Jeremy.

"I changed my mind! I want a dare!" Bonnie squealed.

"No way Jose!"

"Fine. Marry Jeremy, kiss Matt, kill Stefan." She rushed out as expeditiously as possible.

"OOoH someone has a crush!"

"Aweee when's the wedding"

The pair teased whilst laughing at Bonnie's bright red cheeks.

"Oh shut up! It's my time turn now and I'm gonna get payback." The witch began while looking at the baby vampire, "Caroline truth or dare?"

"Dare!" The blonde said bravely, not expecting what was about to happen.

"Caroline I dare you to call Klaus!" As she finished her dare Caroline's mouth dropped like a fish.

"Nope! No way! Not a chance in hell am I doing that!" Caroline exclaimed with embarrassment.

"Care do it!" Elena said, shoving Caroline's phone at her.

"Fine!" Caroline humphed and stepped outside to call the big bad hybrid himself.

Shakily Caroline picked up her phone and typed in the number. Taking a deep breath in she hit enter.

The phone only rang once before a seductive voice answered, "Hello love."

-

Klaus was pouring himself a glass of bourbon when his phone rang. When he saw the call his lips turned up into a smirk.

Answering quickly Klaus whispered huskily, "hello love."

"Hi, Klaus." Caroline's voice was shaky as she remembered the dream she had that night.

"What do I owe the pleasure-" he was interrupted by Caroline talking rapidly, "Klaus someone's out here."

Klaus immediately went rigid as he spoke, "Love who's there?" When he didn't get an answer he asked again, "Caroline who's there?!"

He heard a shriek of pain and then something that turned his bones to stone.

"Why." Caroline's feeble voice croaked.

"Blame Klaus sweetie."

And then the line died.

Something happened to Caroline.

Or worse.

Someone had happened to Caroline.