𝟭𝟮

chapter 12

Caroline got out of the car quietly. Josh had run upstairs to go by Davina but Caroline agreed to take the blow for breaking his rules.

"Office room. Now." Klaus's voice was brisk and to the point, it's lack of emotion unsettled Caroline more then she would care to admit.

Nodding they both walked into the large mansion and into the secluded office. She heard a click of the lock and then turned around to Klaus standing right in front of the door. Sighing Caroline leaned against the desk. Neither talked for what felt like an eternity.

"Look I'm sorry-" the blonde was cut off by Klaus speeding over and holding onto the desk that was behind her.

"I was so bloody worried about you love." His voice was seeped with anger and soaked in rage, "what you did was reckless and stupid. Do you know that Marcel was in that very club with me? I was bargaining for your life but clearly, you don't care about it."

Tears spotted Caroline's eyes as Klaus let out a breath through flared nostrils.

"I'm sorry." Caroline tried again, pushing the tears away from her crystal blue eyes.

"No, I'm sorry for thinking I could trust you to follow the rules." He was dismissive and Caroline felt a hole carve its way into her heart.

"I'm not an animal Klaus! Stop treating me like I can't protect myself! I managed to escape from Marcel and I can sure as hell escape from this!" Caroline yelled, moving her face closer to his.

"Why can't you ever just listen to me!"

"Why can't you ever just trust me!"

"Why can't you ever just be bloody trustworthy!"

Caroline shook with rage as she raised her hand to slap him. The sound of flesh hitting flesh rung throughout the room and Klaus's surprise was evident. Hell so was Caroline's.

She knew she should've run. Should've apologized, but instead, she just stayed put. She refused to give him the satisfaction of scaring her.

Klaus grabbed her hands and pulled her closer to himself. "Why aren't you scared of me? I could kill you. I've killed people for less."

Caroline could feel his hot breath against her face and felt her knees turn to jell-o. His earth scent was all but consuming her and she couldn't think of anything but what his skin would feel like against hers.

"Because I know you won't hurt me." The baby vampires voice was close to a mumble, he only heard because of his vampire abilities.

Sighing immensely Klaus dropped her hands and walked out of the room.

"You are not an animal love. You are a strong woman." His words hit her like a grenade and she felt her heart skip.

She heard the door close behind him with a click and she fell to her knees.

Why did she feel this way? He was the villain. The bad guy. Yet here she was wishing he hadn't dropped her hands and left. Here she was wishing he had pulled her close until their lips were centimeters away and then-

"God Caroline get a grip!" She groaned to herself.

Caroline Forbes did not have feelings for a murderous vampire. She couldn't.

Could she?